• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured KartKraft: Atlanta Released and New Update Available

Discussion in 'KartKraft' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +22,505
    KartKraft - Atlanta Motorsports Park 2.jpg
    The awesome looking Atlanta Motorsports Park is here!

Previewed just yesterday, a brand new and free circuit addition to the highly regarded kart racing simulation KartKraft is available to download now, joining the sim as part of the latest update to this increasingly impressive Unreal 4 powered racing title.

Developed over several years by Australian studio Black Delta, KartKraft has continued to impress in recent months as it grows and expands into what is turning out to be an impressive simulation of the world of kart racing.

In this latest build of the game we get our first bit of new post release content, with the US based Atlanta Motorsports Park venue making a debut within the title. Fast, undulating and with plenty of room to race against your fellow karting rivals, this looks like a pleasing addition to the game, and with limited content available at this stage of development, one that will surely be welcomed by fans of the software.

KartKraft - Atlanta Motorsports Park 3.jpg

KartKraft Update Notes:

New Features
    • Atlanta Motorsports Park
    • The steering wheel can now be hidden in cockpit view
    Fixes / Updates / Tweaks
    • Updated Unreal Engine to 4.22.2
    • Fixed spinning chain bug introduced in the previous build
    • Fixed incorrect vehicle bounds causing erratic AI behaviour
    • VR crosshair now draws correctly in the main menu
    • Data logger shift lights now function correctly
    KartKraft - Atlanta Motorsports Park 4.jpg KartKraft - Atlanta Motorsports Park 1.jpg

KartKraft is available on Steam now.

For the latest and greatest regarding this excellent sim, check out the RaceDepartment KartKraft sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

• Love Love x 11
    • Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins

Ratings:
    +331
    Multiple layouts I hope...?

3. ZeroRisk

ZeroRisk
    Pro racing driver for hire! (according to ACC) Premium

Ratings:
    +794
    Looking forward to giving this a go soon.
    This title keeps getting better and hopefully one day we may get the European tracks like Buckmore, Bayford, Glan-y-Gors, Rye House etc., then I'll be in Kart racing heaven.

4. Er!c

Er!c

Ratings:
    +7
    Reminds me of early access AC in a way, looks good, driving feel is good, not the best optimized, not polished as a "game", but the driving is fun and made me want to take a lot of laps in practice. Couldn't have too many opponents without downgrading graphics. Really nice new track with big elevation change. Not regretting supporting the title and hoping for some quick online races some day. Also, really cool in VR.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
  5. dreamer al

dreamer al

Ratings:
    +214
    Very nice add on track. Loving it.

6. Bazooka_Joe

Bazooka_Joe
    Best of the worst, sometimes worst of the worst.

Ratings:
    +156
    Along with the now sadly forgotten Istanbul Park - it's one of my favourite Tilkedromes. Add immersive driving model and fun karts for a perfect recipe. Just in time for the weekend!

Thank you Black Delta - keep up the awesome work!

7. liojac

liojac

Ratings:
    +1
    The next is Genk (Belgium) Very nice.

• Beer Beer x 1
  8. Kranky Pantz

Kranky Pantz

Ratings:
    +56
    The track is like a rollercoaster...an absolute blast because unlike a rollercoaster YOU are in control.
    That is, if you're lucky. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins

Ratings:
    +331
    Is there an official list of upcoming tracks?

And, when are the other track layouts (for the existing tracks) expected to materialize?

10. Greame Champion

Greame Champion
    Technomaniac Premium

Ratings:
    +20
    Wow, so glad I got this !! Planned to try it and do some acc this evening but ended up playing this all night. the leaderboard challenge is great fun :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Zach Griffin

Zach Griffin

Ratings:
    +85
    @Marc Collins - You can check out our current roadmap here. We'll be adding more layouts for each circuit during EA.

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 2
  12. Yetch

Yetch
    GooseCreature Premium

Ratings:
    +446
    Well took the plunge and am not disappointed, not spent much time on it yet but what I have has been rather exhilarating, did a little bit of Karting way back when and this bought it all rushing back in an instant. Runs like a dream and makes my ears bleed, highly recommended, especially for the £11.99 I paid for it. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  13. Greame Champion

Greame Champion
    Technomaniac Premium

Ratings:
    +20
    This is seriously good. Today I thought I would play around with the setups and wanted to share a good setting that works very well. If you play about with the driver weight distribution forward and back you can get very good control over the kart. Not sure what to do with all the other settings but that works very well so far.
    Awsome Sim this.

• Beer Beer x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.