• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured KartKraft: Atlanta Motorsports Park Previews

Discussion in 'KartKraft' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +22,617
    KartKraft Atlanta Motorsport Park 1.jpg
    New track incoming! Check out these new Atlanta Motorsports Park preview images released by KartKraft developers Black Delta.

With the game fairly light on content as it continues through the Early Access development cycle, Australian development team Black Delta have confirmed the US based Atlanta Motorsports Park (AMP) circuit is about to hit the simulation, teasing fans with some very impressive looking preview images from this stunning kart track.

Not sure what the track layout is like at AMP? Check out this cool onboard video:

From the preview post by Black Delta:

As we approach the release of Atlanta Motorsports Park, we’re here with a preview of what is arguably the world’s most unique karting circuit. Designed by renowned F1 architect Herman Tilke and opened in 2012, the track features over 43ft of elevation change and an incredibly technical chicane complex. If you thought Eau Rouge was steep, just wait until you try this in VR!

KartKraft Atlanta Motorsport Park 2.jpg KartKraft Atlanta Motorsport Park 3.jpg KartKraft Atlanta Motorsport Park 5.jpg KartKraft Atlanta Motorsport Park 6.jpg KartKraft Atlanta Motorsport Park 7.jpg KartKraft Atlanta Motorsport Park 4.jpg

KartKraft is available on Steam now.

For the latest and greatest regarding this excellent sim, check out the RaceDepartment KartKraft sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 4
  2. Craig Dunkley

Craig Dunkley
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,271
    Busy day Paul :p ..I wish KartKraft every success :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. GPL

GPL

Ratings:
    +59
    Interesting license they secured. It's a very good kart track indeed. Looking forward to also comparing this versus the rFactor 2 release.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. liojac

liojac

Ratings:
    +1
    Excellent. i love Kartkraft.

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  5. gergerger

gergerger

Ratings:
    +110
    Maybe a bit off, but I'm always wishing they rework those in-game menues. They really take my desire to play away.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. FernandoAFM

FernandoAFM
    Fernando Mattos

Ratings:
    +105
    My local track! I try to race their monthly championship when I can. It’s a really fun track, with a very technical downhill-hairpin-uphill section on sector 1. It took me a few tries to get it right. Turn 1 can be flat, but it takes courage, a good kart and a perfect racing line.
    It’s probably the best Tilke track after Turkey! Hahahahaha

• Like Like x 1
  7. sssweat

sssweat

Ratings:
    +2
    I'm glad this is not my local rental kart track... I would be there everyday, those straights and elevation... :confused:

• Beer Beer x 2
  8. Jugulador

Jugulador

Ratings:
    +18
    This looks like the best Tilke's track design by far lol

9. Alex72

Alex72

Ratings:
    +499
    Whats wrong with them in your opinion? I dont own KartKraft yet so i havent seen it.

10. R1Joel

R1Joel
    Premium

Ratings:
    +109
    Has to be the best kart track I've ever seen.

11. gergerger

gergerger

Ratings:
    +110
    Well, it has a pre-beta feel to it, like they weren't even trying. Plus, you have to navigate like 5 different menues to enter a race, when all those options could fit a single screen. Not that every other game designers out there get it right. I often find myself struggling with the likes of Milestone or ACC menues, like I never figure them out by intuition. Must be me...

• Like Like x 1
  12. LeonS

LeonS

Ratings:
    +617
    hope they'll also fix the rollover issues with the next update. getting a new track is awesome!

13. tlsmikey

tlsmikey

Ratings:
    +261
    Love those high walls on this track. Looks great!

14. Zach Griffin

Zach Griffin

Ratings:
    +85
    @LeonS Have you tried the latest release? The rate of rollovers has been drastically reduced.

@gergerger The menus are definitely due for a redesign. Is your main pain point design or usability?

15. FernandoAFM

FernandoAFM
    Fernando Mattos

Ratings:
    +105
    @Zach Griffin I have cerebral palsy and I use VR, and the menus are incredibly frustrating to navigate using my head to point at things. Can you give us regular mouse and keyboard navigation in VR?

I'll be glad to help beta test it. Right now it's just an amazing game I can't play.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.