• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured KartKraft: Atlanta Motorsport Park Video

Discussion in 'KartKraft' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +22,505

Black Delta have released a nice hotlap video of the soon to be released Atlanta Motorsport Park coming to KartKraft.

When we wrote about the upcoming new track for KartKraft back on Saturday, plenty of fans were pretty unfamiliar with this excellent little venue over in America, so Black Delta have looked to remedy that with a freshly recorded hot lap behind the wheel of their virtual racing kart - and oh boy does it look realistic!

Although we don't yet know when this new piece of content is set to drop for the simulation, it doesn't look like the team have much to do in order to get it into a release ready state - so expect it heading our way pretty soon indeed....

KartKraft Atlanta Preview Video.jpg

KartKraft is available on Steam now.

For the latest and greatest regarding this excellent sim, check out the RaceDepartment KartKraft sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 9
    • Love Love x 2
  2. Jesse Bruce

Jesse Bruce

Ratings:
    +17

@Paul Jeffrey Should have probably used this video in the article? ;)

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Beer Beer x 2
  3. Shovas

Shovas
    Premium

Ratings:
    +287
    Playback disabled off youtube :( Good video to watch, though.

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins

Ratings:
    +331

The same facility!?!?!

• Like Like x 2
  5. tlsmikey

tlsmikey

Ratings:
    +257
    This title looks better every time I see it. That track looks like a lot of fun as well.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. ApexVGear

ApexVGear

Ratings:
    +16
    The video featured in the article is actually Go Kart Club of Victoria, which already exists in KartKraft.
    I was watching it, and thinking... no, that's not the AMS kart track.
    As Jesse Bruce stated above, you can find the correct video on KartKraft's Youtube channel.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/KartSimOfficial
    Of course, just a little mistake--I've mis-linked things a few times.
    The AMS kart track is a lot of fun, and unique with it's elevation changes and blind corners. I have it in a few other simulators, but I can't wait to try it out in KartKraft.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  7. Kranky Pantz

Kranky Pantz

Ratings:
    +56
    Looks fantastic!

Glad to see that they've also embraced most of the current sim-related technology with this title as well.
    VR, Motion, TrackIR (#soon), etc.

These are great times for sim racing in general, aside from the few holdouts who are actually dropping features or poorly implementing them (looking at YOU Codies ;)).

• Like Like x 4
    • Beer Beer x 1
  8. Bazooka_Joe

Bazooka_Joe
    Best of the worst, sometimes worst of the worst.

Ratings:
    +156
    It's such fun to drive in VR, yes it's still early access and it can be seen in some places of the game, but the feeling is great. I can't wait for multiplayer as racing with AI just doesn't cut it for me and I can see myself being indulged for long hours in it!

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins

Ratings:
    +331
    Great to see the real thing in the proper video. Hope they will be including all the layouts (as does rF2). It is a world-class kart track, that's for sure.

10. BigMike8

BigMike8

Ratings:
    +37
    This sim just gets better and better with time, and it looks incredible already.

It's also refreshing to see an Unreal Engine 4 based racing sim with good video performance ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. CreamyCornCob

CreamyCornCob

Ratings:
    +82
    As a former 125cc shifter and 250cc SuperKart driver, I've had my eyes on this since day one, with hesitation. I think after seeing the new video of Atlanta, its time to roll.

Couple of questions. Does it have multiplayer (I heard it did and didn't or will be... or something).
    And I assume there are KZ (shifters) in the title?

But my biggest one, are there any plans to step up to the big boy 250 SuperKarts along with your longer GP tracks for the 250's/450's?

Looks fantastic now :thumbsup:

• Beer Beer x 1
  12. Raging Beard

Raging Beard
    Premium

Ratings:
    +19
    Awesome, but still waiting for Next Level Racing V3 motion support please!

13. DarthRAYzie

DarthRAYzie

Ratings:
    +3
    There is not multiplayer racing but there is an online leaderboard with ghost karts to compete against. This is actually pretty fun as it automatically loads in the next fastest ghost each time you beat your PB. There are not shifters either and I'm not sure if there will be.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Zach Griffin

Zach Griffin

Ratings:
    +85
    @CreamyCornCob - Confirming KZ2 is coming in July with the first multiplayer preview (practice only) coming in August. We're also not ruling any classes out - 250cc would be incredible to drive.

We've added a roadmap to https://kartkraftgame.com which now has the next 6 releases mapped out. We'll be adding further releases during EA.

upload_2019-6-20_10-27-30.png

• Like Like x 5
    • Beer Beer x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  15. Shovas

Shovas
    Premium

Ratings:
    +287
    • Beer Beer x 1
  16. CreamyCornCob

CreamyCornCob

Ratings:
    +82
    @Zach Griffin
    Fantastic to hear on the KZ2! And So glad to hear MP will at least begin to evolve :thumbsup: And d*mn glad to hear 250's aren't being ruled out, awesome!
    They are a blast to drive. 140+mph, 1" off the ground, 2-4g's and a lot more time to think vs 125's and sprint tracks (although we ran on big's like RA, Laguna etc with 'um).

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  17. mopro

mopro

Ratings:
    +80
    I think I will need at least butt kickers to really enjoy kart sim

18. Chris Haye

Chris Haye
    Premium

Ratings:
    +81
    Is it playable with Direct Drive wheels now? When I last tried it was somewhat broken, felt great on the old T300 though!

19. Zach Griffin

Zach Griffin

Ratings:
    +85
    @Chris Haye - It is - We resolved most of the FFB issues affecting both DD and non DD wheels. If you need any assistance with settings etc, feel free to join us on the Discord so we can help you out!

• Like Like x 2
  20. Richard Hessels

Richard Hessels
    Premium

Ratings:
    +339
    Superkarts hardly race on karting tracks but mostly on regular car-motor racing tracks or not?
    Licensing of those assets is really expensive compared to karting tracks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.