Karting boots?

G-Slev

Rubbish Racer & Amateur Motorsport Photographer
Premium
I am looking to buy a pair of karting boots for simracing. I am looking at Sparco K-Poles, but I wondered if anyone can recommend any other boots please?

I am looking to buy a pair of karting boots for simracing. I am looking at Sparco K-Poles, but I wondered if anyone can recommend any other boots please.
I am using the Alpinestars Men's Tech 1-K Karting Shoe. I am very happy with them. Big change for me changing from socks to karting shoes. Pedal feel is very different. In a good way.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

After trying few racing shoes and karting boots I ended up with Puma driving shoes. Has been through few pairs already, much more comfortable than all out racing footwear.
Look for SpeedCat, RidgeCat models.

Upvote 0
I am looking to buy a pair of karting boots for simracing. I am looking at Sparco K-Poles, but I wondered if anyone can recommend any other boots please?
I was a Karter, so I had real karting shoes. They were expensive. Since I only do sim racing, I switched to wrestling shoes ... much less expensive

Upvote 0
I was a Karter, so I had real karting shoes. They were expensive. Since I only do sim racing, I switched to wrestling shoes ... much less expensive

I can confirm that wrestling shoes can be a good alternative. I own a pair of Adidas Monaco GP "racing" shoes, a pair of Sparco KB-3 karting boots (a cheap model, they're OK'ish apart from the velcro ankle straps that won't stick no matter what...) and a pair of Nike wrestling shoes I picked up cheap over 10 years ago. The Nikes actually provide the best feel on my HE Pro pedals. The Monaco GP's are useless on sim pedals as the soles are way too thick and rigid.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 225 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 222 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years