Kart Track Help

nhigginson

Premium
at the moment im building the Hume International Raceway (Eastern Lions Kart Club) in victoria, australia. im having trouble with the AI line on the start, as i would like to get the karts to exit the pits, do a lap, form up and then go once they reach the start line. is this possible?

Maybe you could set up the grid positions in the pits (in the aiw file) and then use formation lap/rolling start. But this will make a standing start impossible; I think the same positions are used for both rolling and standing start. Not important if it is only for you! Or provide an alternate aiw file to start from the pits if it works like you want?

is this possible?

This start type is not supported... in rF days (I think) you could define an alt grid that you could setup in the pitlane, then the cars would start the formation lap from this point and line up on the main grid for the race start. I am 99% sure that AMS can't support this alt grid type of start.

hey everybody, i found a workaround for it, but now i have a problem with an in grid shed. i have made this myself in sketchup and when looking at it in BTB, it looks fine from the underside, but when in rFactor (yes i know this an AMS thread, im using rF for testing and the sort while building before i port it over to AMS) there is no roof to the shed, or walls or the sort. what can i do to sort this out?

hey everybody, i found a workaround for it, but now i have a problem with an in grid shed. i have made this myself in sketchup and when looking at it in BTB, it looks fine from the underside, but when in rFactor (yes i know this an AMS thread, im using rF for testing and the sort while building before i port it over to AMS) there is no roof to the shed, or walls or the sort. what can i do to sort this out?

If you started in Sketchup I think it only recognizes one face when then exported into things like BTB from my experience years ago. I'd try making a copy of the surface and flipping the texture(so when you view in without textures in sktechup it's white on both sides not white on one and grey on one). this will cause texture clipping in sketchup but should solve the issue you described once in BTB and Rf
The other option would be thicken the roof so it's 3D rather than a single surface, pure guess here

Hoe this helps

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 100 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing