Kart Racing

Posted this in anither thread but might post it here instead.
Here is my CRG Black Star 2007 with a Rotax max Senior engine.
P1030824.jpg

Watch and learn, all good drivers on RD drives a CRG.
Am I right David? :D

Well here is my ride, a Formula Yamaha with 12 HP, 100cc and weight's 80-90 kg without the driver (I dont rimember how heavy it is).
I have done 11 races with it. The chassi got broken after the last race were some idiot hit me so hard from behind that the car lifted from the ground (yes I was flying) and as I was flying my rear wheel hits a girl drivers shoulder (lucky she did not brake it or injer it) and once I landed I the chassi broken ;(

1252534870_resized.jpg
I did the same thing as Fredrik.

I will have a CRG too soon :D

LoL, it says in Swedish "The Club with Speed JärnFälla" on the front spoiler.
Nice shot, you have exacly the same suite that I have only that mine has the majorety on red and the red parts are blue.

hey it's fredrik on a INTREPID!!!!!!!!! that's no CRG.

Nope it is a Swiss Hutless :)
That was in 2008 when I drove Yamaha and in that class only Swiss Hutless chassis are allowed, but my local dealer dealt Intrepid so I bought some stickers (much better looking than the stock Swiss Hutless stickers) and put on the kart.
Since the frame was from 2001 I wasn't very fast my first year but whatever you need to start somewhere :)

hm. if you go to a national event in america. you will see this: a couple tony karts (but they stand on the podium), a bunch of arrow karts, and a pile of birels. why birels when the full size chassis bends every couple races.

yeah tony karts are good chassis. i would say for you guys get a crg becasue if you are really good and qualify for the rotax grand nationals in seniors, you will know the car and be up front.

Yeah 2-3 years ago a top karting driver in KZ2 in Sweden started his own team and started to import Tony Karts (he's one among 2 other dealers in Sweden).
And he launched a team with a common goal to drive both nationally and internationally championships.
Since then almost half the fields are fielded by his drivers and they are really good the other teams are behind but they are getting there.
Also recently one of his drivers John Friberg won a race in the Rotax Max Euro Challenge Series in Germany so they are a good team.
I don't care much for them though, I've been hit by many of his drivers and last time when I yelled at one of his drivers after a race he has not been found of me so to speak lol :p
To clearify it I was hit from behind twice in the race by that driver and yelled at her when he was trying to comfort her after the race :)

yeah well if you are a bunch faster than the person ahead of you and he's intentionaly holding you up you're gonna be spun. if he's doing it and he's the same speed as you he's just a dirty driver and should have action taken against him.

I have driven an Energy (Rotax Max Senior) and it was very easy to learn but the front brake's did not feel so safe because I like to brake late and hard because it's easier to lift the inner wheel when I turn but from what I know the CRG got a very strong chassi that doesn't bend so easely and can last for a longer time.

I have driven an Energy (Rotax Max Senior) and it was very easy to learn but the front brake's did not feel so safe because I like to brake late and hard because it's easier to lift the inner wheel when I turn but from what I know the CRG got a very strong chassi that doesn't bend so easely and can last for a longer time.

I think that is pretty right, last years Junior champ who drove CRG had his chassi all season and did over 15 races with it.

yeah fredrik your right about the tony kart and crg. i had a crg in mini max and we had to do so much with it to get it going. tony kart i don't think is harder to turn but it is easier to work on and also the brakes are much easier like i had a margay chassis running yamaha junior my first season and the brakes were worse then my tony kart.

Watch and learn, all good drivers on RD drives a CRG.
Am I right David? :D

How could you be wrong Fred!? :tongue:

So we are racing same class then? Coooool!

@ CHASIS: As you say guys, Tony Kart is a good chassis if you plan to switch the chasis in 5 or 6 races, it is too soft an dgets damaged really easy when CRG is fast aswell and not that soft.

@ FRONT BREAKING: In my opinion it is a good system when you get really used to it. At the first days it is more a problem than a help... There is a history out there of Sodi Kart (French Chassis company) that won a world champ because of it. They reached the circuit with no options of wining the cha,p as there where really good chassis we all know, Intrepidm CRG, Tony, FA, etc... but Sodi found a hole in the regulations of the world champ. You could not use a brake on all 4 wheels controlled with the foot pedal, but regulations said nothing about hand activation of the front brakes... it was not even a clear advantage, but then with the race about to start IT STARTED TO RAIN. Front brakes made a hughe diference then and Sodi won the world champ... even in dry conditions it is a help, specially on the harder breaking pounts. I use to brake late but use it in a lot of corneres, check the videos.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back