Kart Racing Pro

Kart Racing Pro by PiBoSo is out. Download the game/demo: click here

Minimum requirements:
Operating System: Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista/7, 32 or 64 bits
Processor: 1.5 GHz
RAM: 512 MB
Video Card: 64 MB OpenGL 1.2.1-compliant
DirectX Version: DirectX 8.1 or newer libraries

Video's look great, can't wait to download and try this out. Im also a pretty successful kart racer in the UK, so i hope it isn't too hard to adapt to. Does anyone know if other karts will be added in the full game at a later date? I hope we get some good conversion mods of the UK karting tracks like Whilton Mill and Kimbolton from rFactor, and also TKM karts would be nice, or anything rear brakes only.

In my oppinion it's nowhere near dying. There are already 3 tracks available, plus at least 5 more in work and there's also a godd list of paints available already. Only thing thats missing is you people coming online and filling the servers :)

I started topic in the KRP forum suggesting to unlock the demo to online server for at least one track (kunos style) because I think this would give more visibility, the answer was a "locked topic" :D
I hope PiBoSo will think about it before someone else pop out with a good kart mod

anyway the game isn't died it is simply under construction

The problem with this idea is, that with the current situation, I think alot of players would stay with the demo and not buy the full version because theres isnt so much content yet. But I agree, that in a later point of development this should absoutely be considered.

The problem with this idea is, that with the current situation, I think alot of players would stay with the demo and not buy the full version because theres isnt so much content yet. But I agree, that in a later point of development this should absoutely be considered.
but also now it is useful such in this way you'll have a lot of beta testers for code issues :D
moreover if there are not so much content the game isn't interesting by itself even if a great kart sim !!

nKpro at the beginning was totally free, you have to if you want to survive, otherwise you must sell a complete game fully working (or so :D) ...

I agree with you Alessandro the game should have been free to start out, or open online play to demo players. More people would play it for sure.

@Thalenberghen Every time I look at the World server list there's nobody on and only a few servers with really bad ping in the States. When's a good time to play? --->and can someone show me how to start a race without disqualifing!!! :p

The DrivingItalia server was on for a while then went off. They had good ping though...

Is there any way some of us can make a time to meet up online and just go on whatever server is available? Like say thursdays at 8:00 GMT for example?

Don't know if it's kosher to organize this on RD, but since there's no Race Club* yet it might be a good way to get something going. I think anyone that likes Netkar will really like KRP.

*An RD race club for Kart Racing Pro would be ace! :cool:

Agree, 33 pages of karting in the Motorsport Forums tell me, that there are people interested in this. Meanwhile, thursday 8:00 GMT would be Ok for me.

Those 33 pages are posted by only 3 people so the intrest is low when it comes to karting. If the intrest is going ot grow then this game will need a seriously good update with more tracks, more chassis and fixing the FFB problem.

Well I thnk I should give my comments on the game as overall.

This is a very good Karting game but it is a bit to oversteery, to gripy and to poor on tracks and chassis. The biggest issue is that IMO it is in a way to early stage to be a pay to play online game. IMO this is more like beta then a game to start being sold. I am sure there will be new tracks, karts/chasiss and more things to come but IMO I thnk that it would need a bit more work before being published.

The good things with this game are, the well handling karts, the almost perfect virtual version of lonato with the bumps where they are ment to be. (I have not driven at lonato myself but 2 of my karting friends have and they told me that it is very close to the real track) The graphics are great but the FPS are bad from time to time. One of the minor bad things would be the front brakes not touching touching the brake disk as much as it should. One thing that needs some proper work is the rear axle because it causes the inside wheel on any corner to be have more grip they it should which afterwards makes cornering harder then it is.

With this summory I would come to the conclusion of giving the demo a go and wait until there are more chassis to choose from and more tracks to drive around.

But I like to say that they have done a great job with simulating karts because nowadays I get the impresion that it is hard to do so because lot's of people who have done karting mods on rFactor have not come thing close.
I am really looking forward for future updates because this is a promising game.

The biggest issue is that IMO it is in a way to early stage to be a pay to play online game. IMO this is more like beta then a game to start being sold.

That's why the game is declared as a beta already. I think PiBoSo can't afford developing KRP, till its perfect, so see it as a pre-order to support development, for which in return, you get acces to the beta test.
Another point is, that like this, modders can already start releasing additional content, so the game keeps getting better by itself.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%