Kart Racing Pro

Kart Racing Pro by PiBoSo is out. Download the game/demo: click here

Minimum requirements:
Operating System: Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista/7, 32 or 64 bits
Processor: 1.5 GHz
RAM: 512 MB
Video Card: 64 MB OpenGL 1.2.1-compliant
DirectX Version: DirectX 8.1 or newer libraries

Piboso has released version 10 of his realistic kart racing simulation - Kart Racing Pro.

The new build is here, and with it comes a nice collection of fixes and improvements to the highly regarded karting simulation. Developed as a lone project from motorsport simulation expert Piboso, Kart Racing Pro has plenty of fans in the sim racing niche, however the title has yet to find mainstream acceptance to the level of rival KartKraft - despite having a very well developed and highly regarded level of realism simulating the experience of driving professional racing karts.

With the title only having a single developer behind it, and one that has time investments in more than one current game, it would be fair to say that development progress isn't exactly rapid - making this substantial update all the more well received when it launched during the break between Christmas and New Year.

The new update, bringing the simulation up to build 10, has a nice mix of fixes to outstanding issues and new feature tweaks, and can be downloaded now.

Kart Racing Pro V10 Update Notes
  • fix: multiplayer crash
  • fix: spectator join
  • fix: connection freeze on the server
  • fix: live timing support
  • fix: track layouts loading
  • fix: track layout objects crash
  • fix: Wackersdorf track holes
  • new: possibility to reset the dynamic track surface online, too
  • new: possibility to vote to reset the dynamic track surface
  • new: dedicated server option to disable polls during a race
  • new: possibility to set the nickname in the Steam version, too
  • new: live timing output to file
  • new: widescreen user interface

Kart Racing Pro is available exclusively for PC.

Got a question about the sim? Set up a new thread over on the Kart Racing Pro sub forum, and let the community be your guide!

Kart Racing Pro V10 Released 1.jpg

Last edited:
Can anyone compare the drivability of KRPro to KartKraft's?

I'm no expert on Karting, nor am I the fastest sim racer (not even close!), but I do own all three (KRPro, KK and Kartsim for rF2).

They all have their good and bad points:

KRPro has lots of settings, lots of downloadable tracks and supports VR. However, graphics are so-so and there is no AI to race against. The UI is a bit clunky too.

KK is still technically in early release. It has fewer available tracks (at least at the moment), but supports VR and has AI. Graphics are better than KRPro as well. But it's UI is "unique" and I feel that the Karts are a bit jumpy due to a very small dead zone that I can't get out of my wheel.

Kartsim for rF2 is a paid add-on that's fully integrated into rF2. That means that if you like rF2 (and Karts), you'll like Kartsim. The karts are available in the regular car list so can run on ANY rF2 track. VR is supported as well. The UI for rF2, of course is not everyone's cup of tea.

When it comes to driveability, I'd rate KRPro and KartSim for rF2 over KK at the moment. Just my opinion though.

FWIW - another option for karts (at least super karts - I can't recall whether "regular" karts are included) - is Automobilista - a great overall sim. The super karts are lots of fun IMO.

I hope this helps you a bit with your decision, and doesn't add to confusion.

I'm no expert on Karting, nor am I the fastest sim racer (not even close!), but I do own all three (KRPro, KK and Kartsim for rF2).

They all have their good and bad points:

KRPro has lots of settings, lots of downloadable tracks and supports VR. However, graphics are so-so and there is no AI to race against. The UI is a bit clunky too.

KK is still technically in early release. It has fewer available tracks (at least at the moment), but supports VR and has AI. Graphics are better than KRPro as well. But it's UI is "unique" and I feel that the Karts are a bit jumpy due to a very small dead zone that I can't get out of my wheel.

Kartsim for rF2 is a paid add-on that's fully integrated into rF2. That means that if you like rF2 (and Karts), you'll like Kartsim. The karts are available in the regular car list so can run on ANY rF2 track. VR is supported as well. The UI for rF2, of course is not everyone's cup of tea.

When it comes to driveability, I'd rate KRPro and KartSim for rF2 over KK at the moment. Just my opinion though.

FWIW - another option for karts (at least super karts - I can't recall whether "regular" karts are included) - is Automobilista - a great overall sim. The super karts are lots of fun IMO.

I hope this helps you a bit with your decision, and doesn't add to confusion.

I'm no kart expert either, but no noob at all. I like the karts on Automobilista, specially because they reproduced some tracks that I raced in real life with a very convincing drivability. But is not something that fells exactly like the real thing. KRP Steam's description says that it uses an official tire model... this is something that drew my attention, because I fell that simulators use to neglect exactly this. There is a lot of discussion about physics modelling, but I rarely see a sim that says what tire it's modeling... and in real life this is an information as important as the vehicle model itself.

I didn't knew about this addon for rF2... but fells like a winner (beside AMS). I will have a very good look on this.

Thanx, mate (and @AlexHeuskat too)!

Last edited:
Still no AI, what a shame. Apart from that, krpro is amazing. A huge feature (nowadays, it's wasn't huge in 2000...) : you can drive in wet conditions, as in rfactor2 and pcars2 (which includes karts and nice tracks).

And krpro is the sim with most tracks of all, there are around 300 tracks downloadable on the official website. A lot of them are visually atrocious, being made.by modders whose talent varies between basic and outstanding, but you'll find interesting tracks (in VR, the ugly tracks are less an issue). In terms of content krpro has no competitor. In terms of physics, I am not a' expert but it feels right. In terms of quality, the content you pay for(karts and tracks) is really good (on the contrary, most of the free modded tracks lacks details in the road surface, and so you don't get any information in the ffb), but it doesn't include any AI, that's a huge problem if you do not have time to get into a racing league.

In terms of available settings for your kart, krpro is undoubtedly the most complete of all the sim titles.

If it included AI, it would be hard to beat this title as a proper kart simulator. but it doesn't and won't include this crucial feature. Not worth a buy at full price, except if you need a training tool.

I think rfactor2 includes shifter karts (official content in the workshop).
In assetto corsa I think the kart mod includes shifter karts. And if I remember well, project cars 1 includes shifter karts.
Yes, there are shifter karts and a lot of tracks for AC, but I didn't liked how this kind of vehicle worked on AC physics (and AI, because AC-AI had a huge hard time racing close to another drivers)... AMS is way better.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 293 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 422 39.7%