Featured Kart Racing PRO Release 5 Update Deployed

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Paul Jeffrey, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +16,436
    Kart Racing Pro Build 5 Released 1.jpg
    Kart Racing Pro Build 5 Released 2.jpg Kart Racing Pro Build 5 Released 3.jpg Kart Racing Pro Build 5 Released 4.jpg Kart Racing Pro Build 5 Released 5.jpg Kart Racing Pro Build 5 Released 6.jpg Kart Racing Pro Build 5 Released 7.jpg
    Independent karting simulation Kart Racing Pro has been updated to version five!

Developed by one man game development sensation PiBiSo, Kart Racing Pro probably doesn't quite get the recognition it deserves considering its severe leanings towards hard core simulation of the high performance world of competitive kart racing. It might not have the most spectacular graphics, nor does it benefit from a particularly user friendly disposition, but once you get the game running as you want it very much produces one of the most believable and engaging karting experiences available anywhere in the sim racing world.

Considering the game is developed by a one man outfit, in conjunction with a couple or three other racing titles, updates are still reasonably closely packed together and often contain something pretty solid, like a wave of VR improvements in this latest build...

Check out the change log below:

Build Release Version Five Notes:
    • fix: borderless window mode
    • fix: dash update on Intel graphics
    • fix: HUD in VR
    • fix: 3D grass in VR
    • fix: TrackIR support
    • fix: UI pull-downs
    • fix: Track Day results export
    • fix: Wackersdorf
    • new: option to link head tracking to driver tuck
    • new: cockpit view tilt setting
    • new: cockpit view lean option
    • new: trainer lead setting

About the Game

Kart Racing Pro is a realistic karting simulator.
    The aim is to create a software useful as a training tool for real drivers, based on a scratch built physics engine that accurately simulates kart dynamics and setup options.
    As such a steering wheel is strongly recommended, although keyboard, joysticks and gamepads are fully supported.

Kart Racing Pro also allows to host and join online races, with an integrated matchmaking server. During events data is collected, to provide statistics for drivers' comparison.

More features:
    • automotive industry-standard tyre model
    • chassis flex simulation
    • dynamic track surface groove buildup
    • wet track simulation and dynamic drying
    • dynamic marbles generation
    • tyres pickup of marbles, grass and dirt, affecting grip
    • user-selectable driver gestures
    • output of CSV files with telemetry data to analyze driving sessions
    • a plugins interface allows external programs to receive realtime data from the simulated kart
    • LAN and online racing. Dedicated server available
    • support of custom paint schemes for kart, helmet and suit
    • full modding is possible: advanced users can build new tracks, karts, engines, helmets, ... and integrate them with the provided tools
    • Oculus Rift and HTC Vive ( SteamVR ) support
    • FreeTrack support
    • TrackIR support
    • EDTracker support

Kart Racing Pro is available now on Steam, exclusive to PC.

Like the new update? What are your impressions of the sim? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
  2. ZePheR

ZePheR

Ratings:
    +4
    i play the demo, really good game but the price is quite high, i mean, i would buy it but i think is a big too big...
    Also the modding aspect is gonna be big.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. CarlosB

CarlosB
    Premium

Ratings:
    +53
    I have it and it's a really good kart sim. Unfortunatey support isn't the best.

4. rkives

rkives
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1
    I do enjoy this sim. Why doesn't it have its own section in the forum?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Marco Dakic

Marco Dakic

Ratings:
    +12
    Really the best Karting Sim out there

6. St3fan

St3fan

Ratings:
    +432
    What exactly does this mean? I tried the demo a few months ago, and in VR using driver tuck gave me significant motion sickness. What is it like now?

7. cerebralvortex

cerebralvortex

Ratings:
    +45
    The developer is PiBoSo.

8. Richard Hessels

Richard Hessels
    Premium

Ratings:
    +247
    I tried the demo, was not so much impressed with the handling of the kart.
    Backside is very twitchy and brakes are feel a lot of time like they go off/on.
    General impression of the whole package is that it feels like half finished mod with a quite steep price tag.
    I know it's a one man job, lots of kudos to PiBoSo for making it thjis far.
    Just imaging what it would be if there would a s small team behind it polishing the sim and getting a bit more content in it. He could sell a lot more copies, get the price down and make a good amount of money on it, to make it even better.
    For now i like the AMS karts the most.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,121
    What about the handling?

According to Richard Hessels words nothing much has been done in the mean time since last update. We have talked some time ago, that it sucked, really sucked.
    You can check from here on the discussion: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/kart-racing-pro-updated-now-at-version-2.138515/#post-2530076

So how is this now? If this is fixed, I would give it a try for sure, if not... you know (I just don`t get the authors, what the hack they are thinking? not much I guess). Come on...

10. Marco Dakic

Marco Dakic

Ratings:
    +12
    I dont know, if you think that the AMS kart feels better then you probably never drove a Real Kart, as i can say is the KRP the best in the handling a bit tricky but if you make a good setup like you have to do in Real then it handles also like the Real one :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Nelson Ullinskey

Nelson Ullinskey

Ratings:
    +854
    I don't know much about this sim so hopefully someone could answer a question I have. Does this sim have any 4 cycle type of karts? Specifically the Briggs 206. A form of clone would be pretty cool too.

12. Richard Hessels

Richard Hessels
    Premium

Ratings:
    +247
    Did a few years of karting on local and national level.
    Whats that for assumptions, have a closet full of trophies i need to dust off to prove?.
    Karts are not that tricky to drive at all, only if you lock cold wheels with a cold brake.
    Otherwise only a idiot gets a proper kart backwards.
    For sure if you do enough laps you get the hang of it, but than you are adjusting to simulated model.
    Was just not impressed with offered package till now.

13. FJBH10

FJBH10
    Premium

Ratings:
    +41
    I think they mean you can duck IRL to control the in-game character.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Marco Dakic

Marco Dakic

Ratings:
    +12
    Well if they are full of dust maybe it was a too long time ago :D

The current Physics fits with the Actual Chassis behaviour, no doubt about it. Dont know when you played it the last time but a complete physic update was like before 1 year or so.

• Like Like x 1
  15. NASCRAP

NASCRAP

Ratings:
    +53
    I've been in a couple of rental karts, and the rentals in AMS feel believable to me. I've never been in a proper racing kart, so I can't give an opinion there.

16. Richard Hessels

Richard Hessels
    Premium

Ratings:
    +247
    It was some time ago, can't image that after years of progress they got harder to get around the corner.

17. Marco Dakic

Marco Dakic

Ratings:
    +12
    Well you should go to a track and watch it byself :) ... much electirc, batteries, Sticker Set for the Designs, Telemetry Data systems, Rear Bumper, more wide Axles, bigger frames, much much more Regulations about the Chassis (Geometric, Magnetic, Material etc. etc.)

YES they are for completly different then in the past

18. St3fan

St3fan

Ratings:
    +432
    Interesting to see opposite opinions from people who have good amount of experience with karts irl.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.