Resource icon

Misc Kart layout add-on for Ahvenisto RC new1

Login or Register an account to download this content
alekabul submitted a new resource:

Kart layout add-on for Ahvenisto RC - Kart or drift - take on the AI's or compete with friends.

It was luring to make the kart track of Ahvenisto fully functional and I couldn't resist.
View attachment 359003
View attachment 359001
View attachment 359002
View attachment 359004

Install: make sure your "Ahvenisto Race Circuit" is working and then add this layout by placing the contents of the .7z in "..\content\tracks\" folder of the game...

Read more about this resource...

250s.jpg

I'm not very good at driving karts. So if someone likes to improve the AI lines - there is the need to rename firstly the lines object to "1LINES" for it to become physics enabled. In "surfaces.ini" already all is prepared.

3d edit.jpg

Hi! Just 2 things about the track. Could you add track limits so if you put all 4 wheels your lap is invalidated? And could you add the coll.kn5 model to the models_kart_long.ini file?
Otherwise it´s perfect!

Hi! Just 2 things about the track. Could you add track limits so if you put all 4 wheels your lap is invalidated? And could you add the coll.kn5 model to the models_kart_long.ini file?
Otherwise it´s perfect!
Attached is the corrected .ini for those who noticed the missing wall's physics.
To my surprise the cutting out of the kart track road mesh in Blender did not go smooth so for now it's no penalties. Enabling the lines for physics only helps forming the AI sidelines but is not enough for the penalties to work.
Any tips for Blender aside from "Boolean" modifier may help.

Attachments

• models_kart_long.ini
    564 bytes · Views: 88
make it more authentic
Thanks for stopping by and thank you for the AC tracks! I only felt compelled to enable the use of the existing model, not to make very big addition and go for "true-to-life" layout. It shows in the difference of the course too. Nonetheless it's good fun.

downloaded the latest one, was trying this for drifting during hotlap, the penalties did not apply. The ghost car here was taken to show I can cut anywhere.
Screenshot_ks_toyota_ae86_tuned_ahvenisto_rc_4-4-120-4-24-0.jpg

P/S: i hope its not much to ask, but would it be okay to have a collider for the building in the centre of the kart track? It would help with immersion so much!

Last edited:
trying this for drifting during hotlap, the penalties did not apply
The penalty warning is displayed once per lap. That on your screen was not after a clean start of a new lap because you didn't trigger the other two timers. To test the same spot complete a clean lap and try cutting there.
cut2.jpg

Attached here is the model with colliders for the 3 buildings on the kart track. Remove the .txt and place the "kart_bulds.kn5" into the track's folder next to the rest of the models. Paste a paragraph into the "models_kart_long.ini"
Code:
[MODEL_10]
FILE=kart_bulds.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

Attachments

• kart_bulds.kn5.txt
    7.9 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
The penalty warning is displayed once per lap. That on your screen was not after a clean start of a new lap because you didn't trigger the other two timers. To test the same spot complete a clean lap and try cutting there.

I tried that already, it didn't trigger as well. The cut was not detected at all. Double-checked to ensure pen.kn5 is still included in the models_kart_long.ini
output-onlinepngtools.png

If more than one asks for it I will make the lines extended up and create invisible walls to absolutely prevent crossing. My opinion is it's not necessary.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 271 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 394 40.0%