Kart FOV - cockpit view

I always run low FOV's in my sim (27 - 30 depending on the car). I've been trying to get the kart FOV down but it doesn't seem to make any difference when I change the value in the cam file. Anyone know if there's another way or if I'm missing something.
Thanks!

The only thing you should do in each individual car's cam file (Eg. Game Stock Car main directory ~> GameData ~> Vehicles ~> F3 ~> F3_cams.cam) is to set the OrientationOffset, under the "LocalCam=COCKPIT" section inside the notepad file, to all 0s. For example, "OrientationOffset=(0.000, 0.00000, 0.00000)" instead of "OrientationOffset=(-0.045, 0.00000, 0.00000)". This way, the perspective that the image drawn on your screen is from (what you yourself see) is that of an eye/camera looking straight forward, rather than your eyeballs/vision staring towards the ground.

For the FOV itself though, as mentioned above, just set it in game :)

It depends on the car. You can really tell in the kart and especially the F3. The perspective is from a camera/eye looking towards the ground rather than straight ahead into the horizon and parallel with the ground.

I agree on F3, but with karts you should be able to see at least the part of your wheels, actually. You might want it especially on corners ;) Helps a lot.

despedidas-ellos-empuxnjpt.jpg

kart150jpv.jpg

This is my cam:
13yjjfm.jpg

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 75 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%