Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

Thanks. :thumbsup:
Drove it now and it's very enjoyable. Too bad that (some) objects/models and especially trees look awful on these rFactor tracks, but it is what it is. It's an old graphics engine/game...The road itself feels/looks great as usual, though, and the curbs are ok as well. I suppose you also added the grass/sand textures...

I guess only Reiza guys can make tracks that actually look impressive on this outdated graphics engine. :)

Last edited:
Alright, going to try and make a long story short...

-I've got the Steam version of GSCE (which is awesome)
-Want to try this mod out in GSCE after seeing this background race in a Empty Box Q&A
(Anyone know which track that is too ?)
-Have very limited experience with JSGME (only used it with Natural Graphics mod for AC), and I'm not sure if I can just dump the whole Blancpain-mod into JSGME's 'MOD' folder and have it all work.

What would be the best way of looking to try this particular mod in GSCE ?, would it even work properly ?, and if possible, would anyone be willing to type-out a dumbed-down step by step process ? :cautious:

Fantastic Feel with this track Thank You !!
I do however notice a bug. I qualified third for a race and there was no starting lights visible. Is this a limitation with this track? Makes getting a good race start imposable.

Whenever I try to open a mod track I keep getting the message(s) "missing cloud.mas" or "cloudlight.mas" Just different mas files and i cant find anything in the interwebs. So if someone can help we it would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
:D very nice and fun addition. I just wish we had Bercy track to do some duels between Ayrton and Alain again :p

By the way: are you planning to do some Bercy suits and liveries?
master-kart-prost-sen48onx.jpg

Thanks. :thumbsup:
Drove it now and it's very enjoyable. Too bad that (some) objects/models and especially trees look awful on these rFactor tracks, but it is what it is. It's an old graphics engine/game...The road itself feels/looks great as usual, though, and the curbs are ok as well. I suppose you also added the grass/sand textures...

I guess only Reiza guys can make tracks that actually look impressive on this outdated graphics engine. :)
Trees are the weak point of my skills. And with a track with so many trees, It could take so many weeks to update. But honestly, it is not too bad. I can put back the original ones if you want :p.

Comparing with the original track, i think we can say we have overall a big improvement. You can find the same track on more modern games, and they are mostof time simple conversions.

Last edited:
I'm also almost a newby in GSCE and discovered JSGME recently (If I knew it in the past with Rfactor I would saved many hours and manyRfactor (re)installations).

I installed Blancpain mod 2 months ago and as far as I remember it worked well directly.
Architecture of unpack mod fits GSCE archticture.
So, you only have to drop it in "MODS" folder from GSGME.
Then, you open JSGME.exe.
You will see Blancpain mod in left box.
Click on the arrow on the top that will transfer automatically it to active mods part (right box)
Close JSGME
Open GSCE.
that's all.

Only question mark is on realfeel pluggin. I read (maybe in this trhead) that original one was better the one attached with the mod. So, I kept original one.

Personnal changes:
I changed Z4 GT3 sound that was very ugly. I picked up the one from Rfactor mod.
I also pickep up talents files from Rfactor mod on which I worked last year to avoid "fast as Cresus" (french proverb) drivers in pole position. But it's another issue and it worked well without it.

I imagine dense tree tops must be especially hard to model so that they look good. And placement must also be a very time consuming project...

I agree, overall it's adequate and you don't really notice when racing...just some trees have a very bad 2D texture/image and it caught my attention.
It's ok, though, I don't complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 232 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 161 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 9.9%
  • < 4 years