Kamui Kobayashi

I am right with you. Kamui was my 2nd Favorite driver since Interlagos when we was driving for Toyota and managed to finish in the points with the little driving that he had done on a F1 car. But today he was a beast that you can't stop taking your eyes from since you know he will go and attack the opponent in a few corners.

I hear that TelMex has lined up two Mexican drivers for Sauber next year. It would be incredibly bad if Kamui didn't get an F1 ride. F1 & Japan need Kamui in F1.

i think he is a great driver in 2010 he out preformed his more experienced team mate de la rosa and now made a great start to 2011 i think if a top team or Sauber make a top car he will be a race winner or even a world champion i wanted to know if other people think the same

I think that Kobayashi is a very good and talented driver. He haven't had the best car so to finish in the top 10 like he did last season and to improve from season to season like he does is special. Right now he doesn't look like the championship mateial but if he keeps improving like he does I belive he will become a champion with a little luck.

I think to get into a team with a better car, he will need to perform better in his current one... That said if he needs a better car then maybe he isn't enough of a driver in the firsrt place.

It woul be interesting to swap Vettel with a bottom 4 driver to see if it is the car or the driver... That would be interesting!

Give him a few more years to hone the cracks but hes showing the potential.

He still managed 10th yesterday even after getting a puncture, with a battle with Buemi, 7th was pretty much assured, He Still managed to overtake like 8 cars in the first stint with hards on, not even Webber could do that with a Red Bull at China(he only managed 1 overtake, which was on the first corner).

Hes one of the best in Overtaking thats for sure, hes biggest weakness last year was qualifying but this year hes managed quite a few Q3s already so that problem seems solved.

Just remember people, hes driving a midfield Suaber not a Front running Red bull so podiums are simply not possible in the machine hes got.

I think to get into a team with a better car, he will need to perform better in his current one... That said if he needs a better car then maybe he isn't enough of a driver in the firsrt place.

It woul be interesting to swap Vettel with a bottom 4 driver to see if it is the car or the driver... That would be interesting!

Problem is that you can't shine in a midfield car anymore, like you could before... It's a shame. (No, Vettel's win in 08 wasn't just because he is a good driver. It was a heck of a setup-gamble from the Torro Rosso team that did it. The race simulations showed that Bourdais would've been second or third in the same race if not he had problems)

Thing is, it's because the other drivers try to "limit" the damage so they don't screw up their race...
So with other words, all those old drivers (Senna, Prost, Piquet, etc, are in the same bag as Hamilton and Kobayashi.

During an overtaking manoeuvre both drivers most cooperate so it should be natural for the driver that is being overtaken to let the other driver through when they come to the point that it is impossible to defend. (Plus if you watch the Suzuka race from 2010 closely then you will notice that the drivers that Kobayashi passed had no time to react and there for your statement doesn't match at all)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back