Kamui Kobayashi "Rising Sun" Fantasy Helmet HD (ML2166)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'll make this post and be done with it, to try and keep this thread on topic. I think where I was going with that is a response to his comment that ML is a cry baby for removing his material because of "some criticism" or something like that. I found that to be a little ignorant, in the sense that he told ML he should remove the helmet because it would be so greatly offensive. I also find it a bit ignorant that he would make the comparison of the rising sun emblem and the swastika having basically the same meaning. It's a very close minded (therefore ignorant) attitude to take it upon yourself to be the "offensive Japanese WWII reference material censorship police" of this forum. ML has arguably spent more time modding this game than anyone else, and we have been very fortunate to have him in our community. To comment publicly and tell him he should take his hard work (the helmet) off this forum because of some personal vendetta he has against this emblem and what it was once referenced to, seems out of place and quite frankly pretty offensive to not only ML but to the rest of the community who would have enjoyed using a helmet in the game that is a representation of the Land of the Rising Sun.

Really though, this issue isn't all that important to me personally, I just really dislike when our hard working and generous contributors in this community aren't shown the respect they deserve.

in the sense that he told ML he should remove the helmet because it would be so greatly offensive.
He didn't. Have you read his post?

To comment publicly and tell him he should take his hard work (the helmet) off this forum
He didn't. Have you read his post?

Really though, this issue isn't all that important to me personally, I just really dislike when our hard working and generous contributors in this community aren't shown the respect they deserve.
There are lots of offensive symbols throughout the years, people are not aware of the vast majority of them, so people who are point it out. What's the issue? I've done it.

Simple solution, remove the symbol, carry on living. Childlike solution, take away all your toys, and demand attention. That's what caused this issue, so take it up with the content creator, and chill out with the attacks.

Honestly though, lets try to get a grip, there is no end to the amount of things people are offended by. If we removed them all from society there would be nothing left. This sort of thinking will do us in.

Also, as a "staff member" I would hope you would show our contributors a little more respect than referring to their actions as "child like", chill out with the attacks... Hmmmmm

I did volunteer work for these comfort women during WW2. Some of them are reaching 100 years old now. Still waiting for apology. They were publicly insulted by Japanese right wing groups flying these flags that they volunteered to be comfort women because they liked it and they are just protesting to be compensated. To them, this flag is offensive. And to me who spent time with them and listened to the horrors they had to suffer at 15 years old, it is offensive.

Perhaps not as offensive as a forum post.

This to me, is ignorance. By the way, I'm not ahead or behind since I just don't have anything to lose.

Get-Off-My-Lawn.jpg

ML, as much I like your work, you can't remove all your helmets for this, and to taz, you represent here the very minority (you're the first one and only one to be offended of this rising sun in this forum), so in the name of democracy, the will of the majority prevails.
Clear example: muslims coming to italy wanting to take out the Catholic cross from schools------ results= supreme court says no because member of other religions (minority) can do whatever they want but with the limits of respecting the majority's religion and the italian people's morality. Clear example that u cannot use your (and only your) authority to change whatever you want, simply because you dont have any lol, its the first time i see you posting in here buddy, and you don'0t even contribute to the community. Strangely no moderators have banned him yet, really strange. Well, probably his just a little kid having a fun time with his keyboard trolling (I saw your latest post with words like LOL and waaaaaaa which is very childish).
That's my last post on the problem, cheers and hope ML returns to modding FAST! We need his exceptional work!!!undefined

Ok, dont say I did not warn you all.....

Topic is now closed.

ML, please reconsider your action, as your contribution to the SimRacing world is highly valued by a lot of people (including myself :)). As you are completely free to decide in terms of releasing content to be downloaded, I can only ask you to reconsider.

To all others,

Please go to http://www.uselessdiscusionforum.com to continue this discussion, but don't use RD for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.7%