Resource icon

Skins K-PAX Racing Blancpain GT World Challenge America 2019 Bentley Continental GT3 GEN 2 for S397 GEN 1 1.0

DonatDrifter

25RPM
Original poster
Oct 22, 2017
DonatDrifter submitted a new resource:

K-PAX Racing Blancpain GT World Challenge America Bentley Continental GT3 GEN 2 for S397 GEN 1 - K-PAX Racing livery pack for S397 Bentley Continental GT3

Drivers of the K-PAX Racing team are quite fameous and might appear in other cars' skins. If K-PAX skins do not work, please change the driver name in the .rcd file and folder name.

This is a K-PAX Racing Blancpain GT World Challenge America livery pack. It contains two liveries, #3 and #9. Real-life liveries are for the newest (GEN 2) Bentley Continental GT3 which we currently don't have in-game.
Read more about this resource...

Littlefysh

Professional Nutcase
Premium
Jun 17, 2017
I cannot for the life of me get this to work, it's not even showing up in the showroom. Most skins now I have to change the .veh line in the .rcd and it works. However with these two skins it works for the #3, not for the #9 though. It's really puzzling and I don't know what to do. Help would be appreciated.

DonatDrifter

25RPM
Original poster
Oct 22, 2017
So, if you changed to the correct veh and it's still not working, try changing driver of the #9, maybe it conflicts (same as) with another skin's driver name.

Littlefysh

Professional Nutcase
Premium
Jun 17, 2017
So, if you changed to the correct veh and it's still not working, try changing driver of the #9, maybe it conflicts (same as) with another skin's driver name.
That's not the issue. They're the only two named Bentley skins I have and if the driver name was doubled surely it would just replace it with a random stock driver name? I have got the skin showing, just with details "test" for driver name, team name and description. Perhaps creating two versions of these cars, one where the driver name is "K-PAX Bentley 2019 #3" or something would help, I'm not sure.

alexSchmurtz

SpeedyMite Racing
Staff
Premium
Sep 26, 2009
There is a problem with ai names atm: if you have 2 cars with exactly the same driver name (any cars, not just 2 Bentley!), only one will show up. The game will not give a random name to the second one, it will simply not show up...

DonatDrifter

25RPM
Original poster
Oct 22, 2017
So, have you tried changing a name of #9? Alvaro Parente (#9 driver) is quite fameous and he races a lot of other cars, not just Bentleys. Try changing his name to for example your name, assuming you are not a GT3 driver.

Littlefysh

Professional Nutcase
Premium
Jun 17, 2017
I tried a wide variety of real and nonsense names, not to mention I made a full list of all GT3 drivers for every skin I have. Parente never came up in this list and the only name i could get to work was "testagain" and I only got this to work by making a virtual driver of a stock skin and replacing all the .dds files with those of the #9 livery.