WIP Jyväskylä Airport RallyPark

WIP blog 15.2.2011: For anyone to wonder, how i am solving the problem with the drivelines.

GEe%20image1.jpg

1. Simply take screenshots and aling them on GoogleEarth.
2. Then build a new path on GE, save it as KLM, run through 3D Route builder to get the ROUGH alttitudes.
3.Import the KML to BTB and move it to correct place. Prefer that the route is ABOVE the real BTB roads. -> Look 7.
4. Select driveline tool, clear all and apend the new route.
5. Delete the KML/Track you just imported and select driveline tool again.
6. The BTB WILL AUTOMATICALLY TIE the driveline to the ground. :wink: (The real drivable roads)
7. Add specific objects to the special stage. (Spectators, gates etc.)
8. Add pacenotes.
9. Export and your done :cool:

So after the hole complex is done, it is quite easy to form different SpecialStage layouts on it.

Still coming... Almost all treewall placements are ready. Placing the treewalls preveiled alttitudes much better, so doing some road lining and details at the same time.

Tree walls are very nice to use. I can use wall panel lenght 100m and then stretch the material on 50-250 meters, depending the texture detail level and distance from viewpoint (road). Also the treewalls enable really low LOD for basically all coming objects.

I have now 68 different roads, 80 treewalls and all the roads have 10-60 different surface shapes. All campers are ready. With out the treewalls and surface shapes loading time was 22 seconds and now with them it's 29 seconds.

More news/pictures/vid when i have something concrete.... The view has changed a lot from previous, but i want to have more done before new shows.

EDIT: This is couple of weeks ago:

Well... there is 45km of roads... so i am planning to make 4-8 different SS from it + the open version. :)

EDIT: But to be honest, i think reasonable/wise SS lenght is 30km maximum. With that You will get new places for every SS in the 4-8. Some new places and some reversed. :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 88 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 62 6.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 126 13.7%