Jyllandsringen v1.00

Hello everybody here at RaceDepartment, we would like to present our first official release:
Jyllandsringen for Race'07 (+Expansions)

Go read all about it, and find link to download @ www.custom-8.dk

Please let us know what you think :)

Custom-8s_Jyllandsringen_KJ_edit2_small.jpg

Jarrod Crossley

Rubbin Racer!
Great track, excellant feed back in the game. Textures are all there and help immerse you it to it. A few FPS hits here and there but only a with full field.

If only this mutch love could be thrown at the British tracks (bar Brands) over the ones available.

Great track, very very nice. One little remark: I installed this one with your installer in my GTR evo version. Then I want to install it on my Dedicated server, but I could only remove or repair. I copied the folder in the location directory to the dedicated server and everything is fine. I find installers not the ideal solution (that's my opinion).

There are several resons for the installer, one beeing the EULA which covers our 'behind' from getting sued... for whatever user might mess up :p It also eases a possible future upgrade-procedure, which people often mess up - causing mismatch and frustration.

But thank you all for giving it a very warm welcome.. :)

Bram

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff
Premium
I dont understand the Eula to be honest, must we ask permission to run this track in the racing club/leagues? Or do i completely misunderstand the word "public".

Can you clarify that Whisper?

When there is an installer, you must accept the End Users License Agreement by pushing an OK or Accept button. Now you made an agreement with the software vendor that thay are not responsible for their software messing up your system. Yes, you are free to develop, yes you are free to distribute public. But in case something does go wrong, you (as consumer) are also free to ask a compensation when something does go wrong due to their software. By accept such an agreement, which nobody actually read, you are on your own.

Bram

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff
Premium
If you boot the track in the game it says that you are not allowed to use this track for non-commercial and commercial public events. So if i want to run it in the racing club, do i need to ask permission? Thats more what i ment, sorry for rubbish way of asking :)

Using the track in leagues without commercial interests and non-profit is allowed, as long as it's not used in "public-display", which it isn't as long as each client uses the track in private. With the term "public-display" we mean using it in showrooms, at markets and so forth.

But I get your point. We should have pointed out that we ment, as in physical relations, not virtual. However ANY use for profit, is not allowed. So as long as RD is a non-profit simracing-community, you are cleared. If making profit, disallowed..

If still in doubt, please use our contact-info on site.

EDIT: read your second reply after typing this, hope this clearifies it. The loadscreen states..
"Any use ot this track for public display, profit or non-profit prohibited..." it does not read "non-commercial" ;)

Bram

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff
Premium
Thanks for clearing that up WiZPER_DK :thumb: We might add it on the track roster of the RDMCC as the replacement for the Zandvoort Club event (bugged pit) :)

Bram

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff
Premium
Yes it is

Edit:
Are you guys planning to do more DTC tracks btw? I absolutely 100% support original work. It must have been a hell of a lot of time spend on this one. Fantastic result!

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 90 19.2%
  • €151-500

Votes: 123 26.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 80 17.1%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 9.0%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 47 10.0%
  • €3001-5000