Jut got AC but can't get it to work

I just got the game. I have a Logitech Momo wheel. In the setup I can set manualy all the controls fine.
When I get into the car after clicking the wheel nothing happens noo steering,shifter,pedals just idle.

Second issue; no matter what car/circuit I select, I always get a Lotus Eise on Magione track.

Thank you for any help I can get.

• Deleted member 955978

Hi,

Yes I bought it from Steam 40 euro...
Strange, because if I recall correctly the Elise on Magione was just a preview...
Do the things you can, like fresh install. If nothing works contact Steam.

• Deleted member 955978

Hi, thank you,

How do I do a fresh install if the program was downloaded from Steam,I don't have a phisycal copy...
Right click on the title in your library and choose the uninstall option.
You should have listed the title in your library after that.
Just double click on it and it will be reinstalled.

It does indeed sound like the Early Access demo version. Did you have that installed previously? Are you maybe launching that by mistake?

I just bought the game yesterday. I changed my old PC Win Vista with GPL,GTL,GTR2,PnG installed and perfectly working. Now I use a Win 7, none of the old games worked, I bought AC never thinking I would have a problem from the start. I've read of people with wheel issues but they had found solutions. I'm not a computer geek but using good sense I do a few things. I don't know how to solve it, since the wheel is recognized in the settings. moreover I'm bothered by the fact that I choose car and circuit and always get the same Elise on Magione idling. The copy I bought must be legit since it came from Steam.

I just bought the game yesterday. I changed my old PC Win Vista with GPL,GTL,GTR2,PnG installed and perfectly working. Now I use a Win 7, none of the old games worked, I bought AC never thinking I would have a problem from the start. I've read of people with wheel issues but they had found solutions. I'm not a computer geek but using good sense I do a few things. I don't know how to solve it, since the wheel is recognized in the settings. moreover I'm bothered by the fact that I choose car and circuit and always get the same Elise on Magione idling. The copy I bought must be legit since it came from Steam.
Literally never heard of this one before.
Have you verified the game files?
Uninstalled all remnants of AC demo, full game, folders etc., and check that what you bought was the full game and not DLC pack(s) etc.
€40 sounds a little high for such an old title, but maybe I dunno. Here it costs a fraction of that, think a quarter, if just the base game. But yes, the Ultimate Edition looks to be roughly that price.

• Deleted member 955978

Literally never heard of this one before.
Have you verified the game files?
Uninstalled all remnants of AC demo, full game, folders etc., and check that what you bought was the full game and not DLC pack(s) etc.
€40 sounds a little high for such an old title, but maybe I dunno. Here it costs a fraction of that, think a quarter, if just the base game. But yes, the Ultimate Edition looks to be roughly that price.
Pssssst, he maybe got the preview ripped...:whistling:
If not, do as we told you already...

Than do as we told you, uninstall, reinstall. Don’t forget to clear your documents folder b4 reinstalling.
Thank you guys for your help.
I did as proposed, deleted game deleted AC folder, and reinstalled. Recalibrated wheel.
Nothing has changed same exact situation.
I have requested a refund to Valve,
I hope they'll do it. i would have really liked to enjoy this game, there aren't many I like...
Thank you also for the suggestion regarding reinstalling GTR2, I had already tried with all the patches etc.
Unfortunaltely it won't even start on this PC.

@Matesa I'm sorry that Assetto Corsa wouldn't install properly for you. Some alternatives:
  • Raceroom is free to try - and you can test drive any of their cars on the Raceroom Raceway track.
  • WRC7 is 80% off at the moment.
  • Automobilista will run very well on older PCs.
  • GTR2 and Race07 are cheap and excellent introductions to sim racing.
  • And there is always rFactor 2, Project Cars 2, iRacing, Assetto Corsa Competizione and the F1 2017/18 games.
Good luck!

Nor AC nor GTR2 working on your PC ....? .... sure the problem is not rather in your PC ?

Sorry all this sounds very strange ! .... can you tell us more about your PC config and if you're the only one on this PC ... and moreover if you should not share this Steam account with someone else ?

Sounds like controls and car selection not working are rooted in the same problem, your My Documents folder is not letting the game either read or write its configuration so it's using default files. I dunno what to do to troubleshoot that, can you go to C:\Users\yourself\My Documents\Assetto Corsa\ and confirm that (not certain of the precise filenames) race.ini and controls.ini mention the car/track you want, and the input controller you're using?

Last edited:
Am I wrong or there was a Windows 10 update which created such a problem ? .... Your own documents might not be reached or even disappear ?
I think I remember having read something like this at the time.... but cannot remember which version and when it was and which problem it precisely created.
Should his OS not be updated ?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 326 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing