Just wondering what lap times you guys getting around SPA GT3 WORLD SERIES Mod

Hi I never raced online yet and just wandering where I fit in with the community, been struggling around SPA and I am just wandering what type of lap times you guys are getting around there with the GT3 WORLD SERIES Mod.

On the laser-scanned SPA I'm doing 2:16:4 with the AMGT3 997; 2:16:7 with the Ferrari 458 GT3; 2:18 with the C6R from EduRacers.

With enough practice I can get all laps down to the mid 2:15's, I believe. I'm new to rFactor 2 and still getting used to how cars drive here I guess :p

On the laser-scanned SPA I'm doing 2:16:4 with the AMGT3 997; 2:16:7 with the Ferrari 458 GT3; 2:18 with the C6R from EduRacers.

With enough practice I can get all laps down to the mid 2:15's, I believe. I'm new to rFactor 2 and still getting used to how cars drive here I guess :p
Where can I get that laser-scanned SPA track?

Where can I get that laser-scanned SPA track?
I'm always hesitant to post such links when the track is a rip. This one in particular is a rip from Assetto Corsa. I personally don't mind for personal use (I have bought AC), but I have the feeling that people really don't like posts when it comes to rips, so my usual response is "Google it" :thumbsup: Although that can sound a bit harsh.
If people want it, they can find it easily ;) Though not through my posts.

I'm always hesitant to post such links when the track is a rip. This one in particular is a rip from Assetto Corsa. I personally don't mind for personal use (I have bought AC), but I have the feeling that people really don't like posts when it comes to rips, so my usual response is "Google it" :thumbsup: Although that can sound a bit harsh.
If people want it, they can find it easily ;) Though not through my posts.
Np at all, just wanted to see w/c that was. Not yet v1.0, though been a while.

Not sure though if the AM3's are similar to the GT3 WSeries. Tried MP412C GT3 and only 2.23.

Last edited:
Np at all, just wanted to see w/c that was. Not yet v1.0, though been a while.

Not sure though if the AM3's are similar to the GT3 WSeries. Tried MP412C GT3 and only 2.23.

With non laser scanned track and no car set up I get 2:27 with GT World series mod (Mercedes) and with enduseries mod 1:19 (Corvette) :(

It is strange how much faster enduseries cars are than gt3 world series even though they are both gt3 lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you share your car setup please? :)
Default setups for all cars, unfortunately :p I'm a complete newb when it comes to setup. I may know what a few things do (e.g. camber, toe, ride height, wing angles) but for most of them I have zero clue of what the results will be hehehhehe. Sure, I know what camber does, but what will be the scientific results in terms of handling, tyre wear, etc if I change the camber angle? No idea :p

I mostly change only fuel quantity and wing angles.

Anyway, if you'd like to see me handling the 997, here's the video:

Default setups for all cars, unfortunately :p I'm a complete newb when it comes to setup. I may know what a few things do (e.g. camber, toe, ride height, wing angles) but for most of them I have zero clue of what the results will be hehehhehe. Sure, I know what camber does, but what will be the scientific results in terms of handling, tyre wear, etc if I change the camber angle? No idea :p

I mostly change only fuel quantity and wing angles.

Anyway, if you'd like to see me handling the 997, here's the video:

Yea same I am lost when it comes to setups which is a shame because it is a massive part of simracing :/ and racing in general.

Here is my lap 2:18.8

I know I messed up the first corner but apart from that can you give any tips mate?

It is strange how much faster enduseries cars are than gt3 world series even though they are both gt3 lol
Personally, I don't trust most mods for rFactor 2. The simulator itself is capable to reproduce accurate results if the data input is correct. Problem is, there's so many parameters I believe most modders use guesswork and "feeling" in many aspects to create their mods. Take one of the most appraised mods as an example, it drivers like a boat on ice, and the creators completely extrapolated the inertia values of their cars.

If the data is correct, than a C6R from EnduRacers should have almost the same physics and drivability as a C6R from URD, if it's the same car, yet they produce completely different results, driving one feels and acts completely different than driving the other.

That's why I really tend to give full simulation value almost exclusively to whoever made the simulator, e.g. ISI or Kunos or S397 now. I don't really rely on mods to tell me what is a very good approximation in behavior/physics/etc until proven that the data comes from racing teams and/or manufacturers.

Personally, I don't trust most mods for rFactor 2. The simulator itself is capable to reproduce accurate results if the data input is correct. Problem is, there's so many parameters I believe most modders use guesswork and "feeling" in many aspects to create their mods. Take one of the most appraised mods as an example, it drivers like a boat on ice, and the creators completely extrapolated the inertia values of their cars.

If the data is correct, than a C6R from EnduRacers should have almost the same physics and drivability as a C6R from URD, if it's the same car, yet they produce completely different results, driving one feels and acts completely different than driving the other.

That's why I really tend to give full simulation value almost exclusively to whoever made the simulator, e.g. ISI or Kunos or S397 now. I don't really rely on mods to tell me what is a very good approximation in behavior/physics/etc until proven that the data comes from racing teams and/or manufacturers.

I agree and that is why I can not wait for them to release their own GT3 Pack

Hi I never raced online yet and just wandering where I fit in with the community, been struggling around SPA and I am just wandering what type of lap times you guys are getting around there with the GT3 WORLD SERIES Mod.

It's alright hot lapping on your own. But race etiquette will make you slower in an actual race on line. Best way is join up here and join in some club races. This is the best place for online organised RF2 club races.:thumbsup:

I assumed the inertia values were corrected in their latest update. No boat feeling in my Porsche!
Thanks! But the problem is, "feeling" tells us nothing, unfortunately.
I think there was a member here called "Associator" that show with numbers and files that the inertia values were totally wrong ; if you're able to open the files and compare to the old ones, that would be great :)

I've driven their Flat6 version 2.0 and it is an improvement, but I don't know how correct that improvement is.

One lap at Spa with the C6R from Apex Modding.
Lap time: 2:14:5

Not the cleanest lap in the world, but still doable.
A tyre killer for sure.
Done with default setup and lots of fuel.

Track started Green. Track temperature started at 14C.
I was able to to 2:14:8 on the second lap, but decided to keep going and try a lower time. I'm positive I can get it down to 2:14 or even high 2:13's.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 122 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 95 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 90 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 64 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 128 13.6%