Just upgraded to Fanalabs, now NLR V3 doesn't work and can't tune any device

All, I have the Elite 2.5 base and have just installed the Fanalabs program. I had had the rig set for flight sims for the last couple of months so had not bothered with Fanalabs until today when I reset the rig for sim racing.

Well, firstly with the CSW wheel, Fanalabs allows me to change absolutely nothing - it shows the Elite base, CSW wheel and V3 pedals, but I cannot use Fanalabs to alter any settings on any of them. The wheel and pedals are all recognised in game, but with very weak effects and feedback. This is with Assetto Corsa and Automobilista

It also seems to have stopped my Next Level Racing V3 platform from working. Using the platform manager I can move it fine, but no matter what profile I select in game it has stopped working.

I realise this may be a long shot, but if anyone has any suggestions, I am all ears

Cheers

Les

Well, that explains that, but I was sure that I had read that it was somewhere. I have to ask the question then, is there any point in using it for the Elite base (which it recognises as it has it depicted), the Formula clubsport and CSL wheels and V3 pedals?

I managed to get Assetto Corsa working with the NLR V3 seatbase, but Automobilista stubbornly refuses to work, despite numerous attempts

Les

Upvote 0
Yes, all those are installed. I was so certain that I read somewhere that the elite base was supported, maybe I was dreaming....

The NLR V3 had an update waiting when I went downstairs just now, so I thought that was going to do the job for Automobilista, but unfortunately no. When I went into the integration screen in the NLR app I clicked on the 'locate' button, and it said it couldn't find whatever it was it was looking for. Not sure why, as Automobilista is in the default location (c programfiles etc / xxx/steamapps/common etc)

Very strange

Les

Upvote 0
I managed to find out why the NLR V3 won't work, and also why I was having so many issues with Automobilista add on tracks and mods. For some reason, and I have no idea why, Steam has installed a second instance of Automobilista on the F drive

Once I directed the NLR program to it it worked fine

Still puzzled why Steam put a different instance of AMS on a different drive though...

Les

Upvote 0
Hmmm, since this 'upgrade' I'm having some issues with messed up FFB settings, especially with F1 style cars in Assetto Corsa. In a straight line at high speed I'm now getting huge steering wheel wobble, even with the damping up and spring and force turned down.

Looks like I need to start fron scratch with them all, so I'll get a setup guide and go through it all methodically again

Les

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 212 14.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 114 7.7%