Just starting to appreciate AC (After 3 years), need some "newbie" tips

Hi all,

I have owned AC for 3 years and barely touched it. I found AMS fitted what I wanted more. However, in the last few days I have started playing AC a bit and am starting to enjoy it a lot more than my previous attempts. I do have a few questions which would help improve the immersion a lot more.

Firstly, how can I get the real driver names to be associated with the car. Using the V8Corsa mod (only 1 round skin for each car installed), about 50% of the cars have the correct name, but others are just fictional names. This varies in each race and sometimes the same car will have the correct name, and the next time it will have a fictional name. I have tried searching, but only found stuff about people changing the own name in game.

Secondly, the tracks all look quite lifeless, mainly due to no crowd and other track clutter. Am I missing something, or is there a mod to add this?

Not yet dabbled with the SOL mod, but can't wait to!

Thanks

Yes, I think your missing something on the tracks, heres a couple screens I grabbed. ;) You might be trudging through some garbage websites with half-cocked tracks. peace! In session, its far crisper then these shots.

ajus0j.jpg

wjz78p.jpg

Secondly, the tracks all look quite lifeless, mainly due to no crowd and other track clutter. Am I missing something, or is there a mod to add this?

Not yet dabbled with the SOL mod, but can't wait to!

Thanks

Crowds in this game are mostly 2D and statics, Nordschleife and some modded tracks are 3D but also static, i prefer no crowds instead of statues or papers.

Even Gran Turismo 4 for the PS2 had animated 3D crowds.

By hand you can go into each car's \skin folder and edit the ui_skin.json file (set a driver name under "drivername": "Name you want", etc). Via CM you can go to content, select the correct car and skin, and click "skins" at the bottom of the screen (ctrl+K also works). You can then edit those fields.

If you put more instances of the same car on track than the skins you have available with real names, IIRC the game will start to use generic names for the duplicate skins (so the same name doesn't show in the race-boards twice).

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 211 14.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 114 7.7%
  • < 5 years