F1 2011 Just ran my first race 50% race

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
All of 2010 I ran 12 lap races, because I am impatient, after following F1 more I really wanted to really get a feel for the strategy of it all, so I switched to 50%....I was battling Massa for 1st in my force india, 5 laps left 3.5 seconds back, on fresher options...decided to make a run, switched to rich fuel mixture, made up the time on the last lap, halfway though the lap it looked like i was going to have a drag race to the finish line, ran into fuel saver mode at turn 11, by the final straight I got a penalty for causing an accident trying to block....restarted the race... :cry: well, i got my taste of strategy

haha!
you can't win every single race! I race 50% too!
the most important is to win the champinship at the end of the season!
we must know how to mark intermediate points because they are important too!
the last season i win the championship but I had the same number of points that my opponent... (vettel) :)
Be patient man!

I reran the race, used the rich setting on fuel sparingly, still ended up a battle with Massa at the end, but this time he was trying to catch me, I tell you the one 50% race was infinitely more fun than all of 2010 put together, if only because winning felt like an accomplishment, rather than a successful sprint, not at all mentioning the strategy and increased consistency required. Good stuff

I agree, its funny because I like the racing but what I really dig is the battles, the strategy, the decision making, and I was playing the game previously without any of them. Now with the 50% races, I get just that
Its a real blast when you successfully undercut an AI too.
At Japan Vettel got past me. It was unlikely I would catch him on pace so i went to primes a tad earlier. upped the mix and had a good out lap, got my primes in and working well so lap times dropped lower than the worn options were doing, by the time he had pitted and come back out I was ahead. Priceless.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back