Just purchased the Beta

I've gone through the game from Game Stock Car to GSCE and been updated to AMS and the latest version. I have all the DLC that has been given for free. I wanted to get up to date, get with the program so I bought the Beta with DLC on Steam figuring it would work out. It doesn't, I have the Beta in my Common folder, right above AMS with the latest DLC(at the moment).

I expected it would all just go into AMS so my question is, what should I do now to get everything in one(AMS) folder?

GSCE, AMS and AMS Beta are all separate games on steam so everything will be in separate folders. If it's mods you want to go from GSCE to AMS then it is better to download and install the AMS versions of the mods (where they exist) as a lot of them have been upgraded. Once you have everything you want on AMS then you can just uninstall GSCE.

Yep, separate instances but it is a good thing.. You can still participate in MP races while having beta... If it was just beta build off release version you would have to install/uninstall beta build from public version again and again..

The only difference is the beta will get early release of DLC content. I think the beta will become obsolete in the near future.

That is incorrect, Reiza release Beta Builds/Patches/Hot Fixes before they go public as well as DLC content. Also I believe those that have bought the Beta version will get the same deal when Reiza begin work on their next game, pretty sure something about that was in the Crowd fund campaign or posted elsewhere, not 100% certain on that though! Either way AMS Beta will carry on for as long as AMS carries on :)

The only difference is the beta will get early release of DLC content. I think the beta will become obsolete in the near future.
Well, early weekly updates that contain things that will be fixed for public release.
Just now real formula ford racer gave feedback on formula trainer and suggest some changes (things you might not get from plain data... Like duratec 1600 tends to oscilate on idle, pointing out that braking is spot on, that it doesn't slide that much, etc) ...that might not happened without beta..

Last edited:
So lets clear this up.
It's my first time for beta builds, I get it that testing ect is done there first but did n't GSC come out of beta towards it end of life ?

Don't want to derail the topic as Denis has pretty much got his answer :)

The Beta is just a bonus benefit of getting the "season pass". You're paying for the DLC itself actually, but the Beta access just gives you an earlier look at the unfinished, slightly less polished things that are "coming soon" to the base game. Just think of the Beta as a testing ground for Reiza, the game makers. They put out the less polished versions of tracks and cars and what is to come. Its a separate entity from the base game. And as someone who bought the "season pass" you get access to this freshest product in the Beta. By the time the newest Beta features get added to the base game too, they will have been polished accordingly based on bug reports and hands on experience of people playing the Beta. Its a nice way to figure things out for everybody and the bonus for you is you get to see it first. And you can actually even help Reiza by finding and reporting problems while playing the newest content on the Beta.

Personally I bought in and everything but I actually prefer to just stay with the base game and ignore the Beta. I like waiting a little longer and letting the anticipation grow for the finished, fully polished, stable, final product.

The Beta is just a bonus benefit of getting the "season pass". You're paying for the DLC itself actually, but the Beta access just gives you an earlier look at the unfinished, slightly less polished things that are "coming soon" to the base game. Just think of the Beta as a testing ground for Reiza, the game makers. They put out the less polished versions of tracks and cars and what is to come. Its a separate entity from the base game. And as someone who bought the "season pass" you get access to this freshest product in the Beta. By the time the newest Beta features get added to the base game too, they will have been polished accordingly based on bug reports and hands on experience of people playing the Beta. Its a nice way to figure things out for everybody and the bonus for you is you get to see it first. And you can actually even help Reiza by finding and reporting problems while playing the newest content on the Beta.

Personally I bought in and everything but I actually prefer to just stay with the base game and ignore the Beta. I like waiting a little longer and letting the anticipation grow for the finished, fully polished, stable, final product.
You have amazing restraint.Just so you know,the new content is AWESOME..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back