Just Kauser's alternative Shaders Patch Rain App

Apps Just Kauser's alternative Shaders Patch Rain App 0.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Just Kauser submitted a new resource:

Just Kauser's alternative Shaders Patch Rain App - add dynamic rain weather, rain sounds and wiper sounds

X4fab's latest Light Shader Patch required.
https://discord.gg/sTHx9e8

I worked on it 18 hours today, now it is working and tomorrow i can hopefully record a preview on L. A. Canyons. But i can tell you now, it was a pleasure to listen to the smooth dynamic rain sounds while testing.

This is a picture of the volume functions over rain strenght value for the different Rain samples, that are played:
View attachment 276862 If somebody take a look in the code and want to know...

Read more about this resource...

JBaeumle:
Awesome, really immersive. But i find my wipers going to 1 or even 0 after a while, even if its still raining. Any way to solve it?
Hmm seems like your framerate is not stable enough or something, because i cant reproduce this bug. My own problem is, when i used the buttons for the wipers, i cant get wipermode to 0 fast enough. Did you have the latest Light Shader Patch?

Last edited:
briklebritt:
Good, but is it possible to make the parts of the windscreen, where the wipers do not get a little bit more blur? Like looking through light fog... would be more realistic.

I can solve it by changing the glass texture like in this video:

But i am not serious involved in Rain Shader mod development. But i pass on Henter, even he takes a break from rain development now. Thank you for your feedback.

Just Kauser updated Just Kauser's alternative Shaders Patch Rain App with a new update entry:

overworked

- new Wiper squeatch sounds when the rubber gets dry
- better options to change between the Wipermodes
- more realistic rain intensity changes
- rain sounds volume is adjusted for the regions with less rain which make it better audible.
- Wiper sounds are now sychron with the animation but when you change the mode to fast you can get a little bug for 2 seconds in the animation and i cant fix it.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello.

I have it installed. I hear and see the rain. But my Wiper is not working. I drive with BMW M4 DTM 2018 from urd. Work it with all Cars from AC ???

Schick mir mal den Link von dem Mod (am besten per PM), ich bau dir die Scheibenwischeranimation, ansonsten gehts halt nur für die Kunos Autos, da die diese Animation schon haben, während Modder meist zu faul oder untalentiert sind, eine solche einzubauen. Es gibt natürlich ein paar Ausnahmen.

Hi @Just Kauser, don't know if you can help me:
I'm working on a mod, and I've created 3 separated glasses.
1) GEO_damageGlass1 [ksBrokenGlass]
2) GEO_Windscreen [ksPerPixelReflection]
3) GEO_Windscreen_SUB0 [ksWindscreen]
(the side windows have other names accordingly)

Each glass is separated by few millimiters from each other.
But no way the raindrops appear.
When I moved the internal glass further away, in game it appeared up on the roof, but at least it had raindrops falling on it :D
So I wonder what can make the raindrops to show up... the distance of the glasses?
Is there a specific rule about the distance?

A funny thing happened today. I lost the sounds of the rain and wipers completely! I solved it but am posting this in case someone else puzzles over the same problem. This mod plays its sounds through the windows selected sound output whereas AC can be using a different sound output (e.g. headphones). This was my problem. So when using this mod the windows and AC sound outputs must be the same.:):)

A funny thing happened today. I lost the sounds of the rain and wipers completely! I solved it but am posting this in case someone else puzzles over the same problem. This mod plays its sounds through the windows selected sound output whereas AC can be using a different sound output (e.g. headphones). This was my problem. So when using this mod the windows and AC sound outputs must be the same.:):)
Nice, thank you for your help, i am in Bolivia (vacation) for a month untill April, so sorry for my late responding. I will try to implement a save and reset feature in the next version, add your Audio output hint in the description and try reduce the the "flashes" when the wiper value is reseted to 0.
But i will begin the work on it in april and enjoy my trip now, ok?

Maybe i can take some influence on the Shader Patch Developer, which create the visual rain and fix it completly but the guy is taking a break from developing rain since month and it is hard for me to understand his rain programming script because he dont set comments with explanations or key names for the different variable.

Nice, thank you for your help, i am in Bolivia (vacation) for a month untill April, so sorry for my late responding. I will try to implement a save and reset feature in the next version, add your Audio output hint in the description and try reduce the the "flashes" when the wiper value is reseted to 0.
But i will begin the work on it in april and enjoy my trip now, ok?

Maybe i can take some influence on the Shader Patch Developer, which create the visual rain and fix it completly but the guy is taking a break from developing rain since month and it is hard for me to understand his rain programming script because he dont set comments with explanations or key names for the different variable.

Enjoy your holiday :)

this is great! i love having rain sounds and proper intermittent wipers. but, why does the rain sound come and go? it doesnt make sense that the sound of the rain would completely go away every now and then while its still raining. is there something i can change that would just leave it a constant volume?

this is great! i love having rain sounds and proper intermittent wipers. but, why does the rain sound come and go? it doesnt make sense that the sound of the rain would completely go away every now and then while its still raining. is there something i can change that would just leave it a constant volume?

Totally disagree, of course rain comes and goes with wind gusts, different speeds etc. that's part of what makes this mod realistic

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 127 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 470 39.0%