Just installed ac

just installed via steam, have full race rig, so set up, done a few laps different cars in practise mode, haven't adjusted setting yet just graphics,controller etc. looks impressive, 312 Ferrari round spa was fun, but cobra at silverstone, I was crap!

Is race weekend with A1 cars?

And is AC a work in progress, other cars etc coming?

Nick10, AC is already released and its continuous work in progress. There will be an available DLC on march with new cars and tracks. But if you want to drive other cars not included in the DLC you can download cars and tracks on Mod section.

Thanks for a reply,
Oh ok, that's good, do I just go to the mod section, and download, are they quite easy to install?

Is there a online league for newbies, I can drive, just new though.

You can do race weekend with any cars, or types of cars. There are several tags, but the Ax tags are the ones that group cars that will do similar lap times, and are somewhat similar in type too. You can also do just track day, for passing time. So in race weekend put practice to highest time, then pick random cars, like in track day where the public can access the track with any cars. There are also track day servers.

Yea for leagues you can try here at racedepartment, revs simracing, or other leagues you should be able to find on the forum http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum

Thanks for replies , been just practicing Lap times in a few cars and tracks, I been racing in F1 codemasters, so I'm half ok in F 1 .
I watched a vid here, and noticed it was F1 type, they all had differents skins on cars? Is that random, or does driver install or choose a skin?

Also can the dash info be turned off? So I just read the car clocks? Not the digital readouts.

Also wondered if the Feild of view can be widened?

Thanks guys, you'll see me in leagues when I'm matching competitive times.

All info/settings you need can be changed in game. Just put your mouse pointer on the rightmost side of the screen and you can see the apps. You can also add additional apps to install on the mod section. additional skins can be downloaded too and can be changed while choosing the car, just click on the color pallet on the lower side of the car.

Thanks, just found all the apps on right, great,

Now I need a few mods and skins, so I can just download from this site? And install, and they become available in game?

Thanks for all help.
If you are familiar with unzipping/decompressing files, you're good to go. You only have to decompress the files in the appropriate folders and the mods become available next time you load up AC.

great ok, ive download nords snoopy 1.1 nurburgring, so I unzip to tracks in the track folder?

also download a McLaren MP23 yardly? that seems to be a exe file.

I found a F1 2014 car, and I saw a skin of vettels ferarri, do I add the car, then the skin?

Yes install each mod car and track to content/cars or content/tracks. Some mods are folder inside folders, so it's the last folder which has the content name that you need to put. Skins you need the car for which has skin was made, and place in the skins folder of the required car.

Yes there is one mod (mp23 yardly) which is .exe instead of .rar or .zip. Install that mod in the desktop environment, then just move the correct folder to content/cars.

Ps. some mods may need to install files in other places than content/cars/tracks/apps, because of required font or icons, but is easy, each mod folder should have the correct name matching the one from the game, and is separate from the folder with car, track, or app name.

Thanks, I did that with the exe, found the file, dropped it into cars, started game, good it's there, but when loading, it said,loading yardley mp23 but hung ? And didn't load, so I removed it, and tried again, no luck with that one.

The Nurburgring full circuit one was great.

Just download FF1 2015

Only not sure what this is, is it a single car? Or whole set of cars?

Haven't installed as I'm not sure where it goes :)

Nick.

FF1 2015 ,
I have put folder in cars, as info said.
But it recommends installing the hud, when I do this it asked me to install a "apps" and a "content"
This overrides the original, do I didn't do it, because all cars tracks etc etc are in the content file, and overriding it will lose it all won't it??

Yeh, I saw that, left it off, seems quite good, I got the 2014 one also,

Also worked out the yardley mp23, you do have to take the content file out, that the exe installs, then cut and past the mp23 file and the small driver file into drivers.

Hey presto, and it's the best mod I've seen so far.

Sorry, I know I'm a pain, being new I'm finding my way round, download a app, blue flag,
Said I must gave it for some online races,

I unzip it, it breaks down to 2 icons, which I paste in icons?
And another think calked Python, where do I put that? In apps?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 256 13.4%