Just got the game; few newbie questions.....

Hi guys,

I just got this game and have a few questions I can't seem to find out myself or find on the internet.
Shall I just sum them up?
- can I move the seat in the car forward, backwards etc?
- the H-shifter of the G27 is enabled, but still doesn't work. Buttons assigned and all; what am I doing wrong?
- I cant assign a button to the clutch (as I have no pedal for that) but the auto clutch is not my favourite; can I do something about that?
- I tried installing a downloaded mod; the folder in that download was "......./content" and I found the same folder in the steam/something/something/content. So I just copied the files out of the content to the content folder; should be good, right? The game tells me -when loading the track, I see them when I select the car- some mod is not found?
What am I doing wrong here?

So, those are my questions; I hope someone has some time to help me out a bit here?
Much appreciated in advance!

- Yes. There is an app specifically for that, move the cursor to right side (when in car) to open the apps tab
- Are you driving a manual car? In AC you can only use H-shifter with manual cars
- Clutch can only be assigned to an axis. Don't you have a G27?
- Mods go in the correct folder withing content. A car mod goes to content/cars, track mod goes to content/tracks, a car skin goes to content/cars/(car)/skins and so on. Some mods have the folder path already in place, so check what the folder contains and make sure to folder path is correct

Last edited:
Thanks for your response mate!
And sorry; I should have explained myself better; I do have a G27, but only used 2 pedals in my setup.
I took an old F1 car and that didn't respond to the flippers; so I tried the H-shifter but that didn't work also. It was a manual.

Also for the content folder; I didn't write it well.
There was a car folder in the downloaded content folder and what was in there, I placed in content/car of the game.
So; I thought I'd be okay as it seems (well, actually is) in the same place as it was in the download, right?
I did this stuff in the past for a thousand times in rFactor; this looked the same.

Manual does not work because clutch does not work. It would you need to have auto clutch on.

Installing a car mod is literally just dropping it in the correct folder and that's it, and if there are are other stuff like fonts included they need to be installed too or it won't work. There is something wrong with the folder path or then you haven't installed everything. If you still can't get it to work then maybe you should say exactly what mod it is

I do have auto clutch on, but still doesn't work......

Installing worked; you said I was in the proper place and I just reinstalled.
Did that this afternoon a few times and it didn't work; now it does!
Wow, dont know why or how......but I'm happy with that!

Ow; I did find the apps!
Hehe, a few months back I drove this game at a friends house and I did see that app bar; completely forgot about that!

Thanks again mate!

Do you have "use seperate shifter" checked in settings? If you want H box in stick cars and paddles in the others tick that box and make sure you have assigned your H gears and paddles in controller settings.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back