Just got rFactor - what a letdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um what it says really, ive bought a legit copy, but even so its just so unstable, it crashes a lot (im running xp 32bit and ive updated all my drivers, and rolled back to no avail) and it suffers from one major problem, after (i think) a certain amount of time all the textures just reduce in quality and i have to quit and restart the game to get them normal again, until they suddenly reduce again. Here's a copy of the reduced quality textures, the proper ones should look much better. Any ideas on how to fix this? the shader setting is set to DX9.

Attachments

• GRAB_000.jpg
    GRAB_000.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 370
??? ive never had any other problems with any other game at all, all other ISI games work fine, including all simbin games, i dont know what would cause all graphics to suddenly reduce in quality (it was playing fine, no jitters before it reduces) for no apparent reason, randomly ingame.

ok,
RAM: 2GB
CPU: AMD 64 4000 2.4Ghz
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 6600GT 128mb
The main problem is the textures reducing in quality, i think the crashes were due to the mods.

Those specs should be ok for rFactor and you should not really have any problems.

There is your problem:jump: an AMD CPU, it's like driving these historic Minis :laugh2:

rFactor is not that system hungry at all and it does not use dual core at default without some tweaks so a X2 at the same clock speed would make no difference compared to his Single core Athlon 64.

??? ive never had any other problems with any other game at all, all other ISI games work fine, including all simbin games, i dont know what would cause all graphics to suddenly reduce in quality (it was playing fine, no jitters before it reduces) for no apparent reason, randomly ingame.

It's strange you have these problems, what better GPU did you try? you said you tried another one and had the same problem? as what your saying sounds like it could be your video card that is the problem or drivers (I've seen / had problems like this with past GPU's / driver combo's etc)

Have you tried at some other tracks? like some add on ones?

Did you use driver cleaner to remove older drivers before installing newer ones? (First remove old drivers by navigating to device manager, and select display adapters, double click on your gpu, select the driver tab, and select uninstall for your drivers)

Download and install driver cleaner pro Here

Did you have that Ati GPU on the same system your using with the Nvidia 6600gt now? As there could be potential conflicts with the drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%