Just got RBR today, need help with a few issues

Jim Hawley

PrestoGP Veteran
Hi chaps

I just got the game on a disk this morning, £4 from play.com :)

I've installed and worked my way thru the update and 2010 mod, I've also installed the car pack (Thanks to Warren for the how too:))

Now when in game the engine seems quiet and I cant get audible pace notes(should there be some??) or hear the start guy counting down, also the ffb doesn't feel right, it feels a bit light to me is this normal?

And the biggest worry, my AV detected a trojan in the rbr folder as I was playing!:ooh:

Any ideas and help would be appreciated

Jim

Welcome to the world of RBR, you should love it.

Firstly, ignore the trojan warning, apparently some AV 's don't like part of the RSRBR software, but it is fine.

The engine sound and pacenotes should be good, have you checked your in-game settings. Don't forget that you have to set up the options under Mulligatawny as well as your own profile, Mulligatawny is used in RSRBR.

My FFB is excellent, again you should be able to adjust that in-game through Options.

Well I've checked all the settings, I have engine sounds up to max as well as the co driver sounds, I have in game music down to zero and all the other settings seem to be ok, but still no audible co driver?

Do I have to work my way thru the driver school to enable the pace notes?

Jim:p

No the co-driver pacenotes are there immediately, but you don't get any pacenotes in the Driving School, only in a Rally. Something seems very wrong there.
Can you post your Richard Burns Rally.ini file here?

This is what mine says:

[Settings]
Depth = 32
ForceFeedback = true
Fullscreen = false
MinDepthBits = 24
MinStencilBits = 8
ParticleQuality = high
RenderQuality = high
RunIntro = false
RunStartup = false
Sound = true
UseCubicEnvironmentMaps = true
UseEAX = false
UseSoftwareAudio = false
UseTripleScreenBuffers = false
WaitRetrace = true
XRes = 1920
YRes = 1200

Do you get the same problem with both normal RBR and RSRBR?
What sound card do you have?
Which version of Windows do you use?

EDIT: Just to be absolutely sure, you have enabled Pacenotes under Options\Pacenotes in-game?

RBRPacenotesScreen.jpg

Did you run the default RBR game before installing RSRBR2010? Was it working ok then?

If all else fails, you may need to start again and install the default RBR first, and check that it works at that stage, before adding RSRBR.
I'll search around but haven't come across this one before.

Here's my .ini

[Settings]
ConstantForceMultiplier = -60
Depth = 32
ForceFeedback = true
Fullscreen = true
MinDepthBits = 24
MinStencilBits = 8
ParticleQuality = high
RenderCarShadow = true
RenderQuality = high
RunIntro = false
RunStartup = false
Sound = true
UseCubicEnvironmentMaps = true
UseEAX = false
UseSoftwareAudio = false
UseTripleScreenBuffers = false
WaitRetrace = true
XRes = 1280
YRes = 1024

I didn't run the game b4 installing RSRBR, and I have pacenotes enabled in the options

I'm running 32bit Vista SP2, not sure exactly what the sound card is, "creative" of some description

I have a G25 btw, I'm slowly getting used to the lighter feel in this game

Jim

• Aaron Cloutier

I've run it under Win7-32, don't know about 64.

The G25 settings are a little odd. I don't have it in front of me right now but out of the 3 FFB sliders in the logitech drivers, only 1 of them is used and I set it at 130% for RBR. (I think it's the first slider). I personally use just a bit of centering force (15%) to mimic how a normal car tends to want to straighten out the wheels naturally.

I also recommend removing the "ConstantForceMultiplier" line of the RBR.ini file. That improves FFB as well.

Just for testing purposes, I would recommend turning on "SoftwareAudio" (set to "true") and see if that changes anything. Also make sure you do you configuring by either running RichardBurnsRally_SSE.exe directly or through RSRBR and choosing MULLIGATAWNY as the user (as mentioned above).

Jim, for the FFB, hopefully the answer is in my post #5, and certainly remove that line:
ConstantForceMultiplier = -60

Since youi are using Vista, are you aware of the special instructions for installing RBR in Vista and Win 7? You need to install into a different location than the default one, apparently quite a few older games cause problems when installed into Programme Files with Vista and Win 7. I coverd that in my Installation instructions here:
http://www.racedepartment.com/richard-burns-rally/20030-installing-rsrbr-2009-rsrbr-2010-mod.html

Maybe you already did that, but just trying to eliminate possible causes.

If the sound /pacenotes issue still remains, I'd suggest you re-install from scratch and try running RBR before using RSRBR. You will need to add the patch first though in this case to make sure that your G25 FFB works ok. At least by doing that, you will know if your problem is with RBR or RSRBR2010. I can't imagine why only the pacenotes would be not working though, very strange.
If you have a Soundblaster card, maybe you need EAX enabled. Try changing this line:
UseEAX = true

Worth a try.

Hi Jim, I had the same problem with the sound when I first installed the game, also after RSRBR 2010 etc. I found it was my windows sound settings. Windows had set my speaker config to 5.1 surround, but I only have 2.1 speakers. Check the Sound settings in Control Panel and change to stereo, or modify the surround to only use 2 front speakers and sub if you have 2.1.
I'm running on Win7 x64 and all good :)
This seems to be a Windows 7 thing because WinXP detects the speakers properly.

Hi Jim, I had the same problem with the sound when I first installed the game, also after RSRBR 2010 etc. I found it was my windows sound settings. Windows had set my speaker config to 5.1 surround, but I only have 2.1 speakers. Check the Sound settings in Control Panel and change to stereo, or modify the surround to only use 2 front speakers and sub if you have 2.1.
I'm running on Win7 x64 and all good :)
This seems to be a Windows 7 thing because WinXP detects the speakers properly.

Hmmm? I have 5.1 surround speakers and that is what my sound card is set for but ingame I use my headphones, so maybe this is the problem?

I'll have a fiddle with it later and let you know

Cheers, Jim

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%