Just bought rFactor - Need help

Yeah, just bought rFactor and I need some help.

Tried joining some online races, was getting booted due to server "not recognizing car" and this got me confused, so I thought I'de come here.

Anyone able to post some information about how exactly to start playing this game, earn money, what mods to use ect ect, would be greatly appreciated :)

Scan the servers and see popular mods. G to rfactrocentral.com and download the mod and the track it's running on. Check the race department forum for club events and get a mod to suit. To be reasonable competitive you probably need to practice a bit. My advise F11992 Sunday night RD club event.

If you have only just installed it you only have a small amount of tracks and cars. You have to look at the mods to see what you want to drive and the tracks. Install them and find the servers with those combinations on them. It is confusing at the start but its easy to sort out once you have done it once

There is also a cheat you can type into the text chat, which buys all the cars and gives you a ridiculous number of credits. Because I only play online, I don't feel like I'm cheating myself, but of course maybe you would if you wanted to play the (rather limited) offline.

Basically you enter a session, type in the cheat, then leave that session, and you have lots of monies and the cars. Obviously you need to download the relevant mods though to be able to get the cars.

The cheat is: ISI_BABYFACTORY (must be caps) :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 236 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 8.0%
  • < 5 years