Just A Couple of RRE3 Questions

RRE3 (complete) was my first purchase a few years ago when I got back into sim racing after a long time away. Since then, I bought most of the other popular sims (you know which ones they are) and ended up drifting away from RRE3.

However, in the last few days, I decided to analyze/tweak my FFB/physics settings in all my sims, and I've found that RRE3 feels the best for me. With that in mind, and its variety of cars and tracks, I expect to spend a lot more time with RRE3 now. I haven't checked VR or online performance yet, but I expect no problems since everything else runs pretty smoothly on my rig.

But I have a few questions: I do a lot of hotlapping -

a) Is there anyway of showing the delta between your current and fastest laps (like in other sims)?, and

b) Where do I find "stats" of fastest laps on a given track, etc?

Thanks!

b. No - I mean MY fastest laps (which aren't very fast). :(
Now you can select track, car, etc and see your statistics incl. laptimes
Corel.jpg

a) Is there anyway of showing the delta between your current and fastest laps (like in other sims)?
At least conserning this part you dont need to download some fancy 3rd part thing to display.
If you enable display of the (socalled) motec when driving it will show + or - delta of your current time against your fastest laptime.
On some cars (like FR90x) this delta is displayed mandatory (without having to enable "motec") and on some others you need to enable the thingy.:thumbsup:
EDIT: As an extra service the delta will be displayed inside the white circle on my pic::laugh:

11.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
At least conserning this part you dont need to download some fancy 3rd part thing to display.
True, but OtterHUD is probably one of the best HUDs out there, far superior than R3E's default HUD or the motec alone. This is particularly true in VR (which he mentioned), when the motec cannot always be read very easily.

If you enable display of the (socalled) motec when driving it will show + or - delta of your current time against your fastest laptime.
On some cars (like FR90x) this delta is displayed mandatory (without having to enable "motec") and on some others you need to enable the thingy.:thumbsup:
EDIT: As an extra service the delta will be displayed inside the white circle on my pic::laugh:

View attachment 328919

Thanks -- but exactly where do I find "motec" to enable it? (I don't see it anywhere).

Oh I didnt get the VR thing.
But then I fear that even if you can see the socalled motec thing in the cockpit then the VR resolution is so low that you cannot read the tiny delta numbers.:sleep:

3rd party: After being used to a fullblown REAL MoteC telemetry output (iRacing, rF2 and RL FF1600) I must admit that Im a bit biased against the extra PC complexity installing 3rd party thingies pretending to be telemetry displays.
But thats probably just me.:)

Thanks -- but exactly where do I find "motec" to enable it? (I don't see it anywhere).
Oh you evil man:mad:
I had hoped you didnt did ask me that question.:poop:
Because on some cars you have to both enable the thing in one of the menus and then furthermore with a text editor mess with one of Racerooms menu config files.
And furthermore I have only driven the FR90 cars the last ½ year and in this car you only have to enable the "motec" display in one of the menus.(no text editor):)
But ofcourse its not called motec but something else I cannot remember.

so if I should give you an exact description I would have to ....
Hopefully someone with a better memory will help you.
How about Mistar Garland:laugh:

How about Mistar Garland:laugh:
To be honest, I've never really used the motec. I had the mini-motec enabled before the WebHUDs came along, and then switched to OtterHUD and have used it ever since. The only in-game item I have activated now is the track map. I've never heard of any config files needing to be tweaked so I don't know what that's about.

In other words, I'm not of much help at all. :p

I've never heard of any config files needing to be tweaked so I don't know what that's about.
WhatWhat?
Come on Garland.:laugh:
Or is it me who are completely off?
Displaying and specially positioning these fake motec thingies has to be manually edited in the:
My Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\hud_options.xml
<game__HudOptions ID="/options/hud">
<latestVersion type="uint32">8</latestVersion>
<name type="string"><![CDATA[MoTeC Show]]></name>
<value type="bool">false</value>
<name type="string"><![CDATA[MoTeC Show In Cockpit]]></name>
<name type="string"><![CDATA[MoTeC Position]]></name>
<value type="Vector2">{1.000000 -1.000000}</value>
<name type="string"><![CDATA[MoTeC Size Scale]]></name>
<value type="Vector2">{1.551543 1.551543}</value>
<name type="string"><![CDATA[MoTeC Anchor]]></name>
<name type="string"><![CDATA[Mini MoTeC Show]]></name>
<name type="string"><![CDATA[Mini MoTeC Show In Cockpit]]></name>
<name type="string"><![CDATA[Mini MoTeC Position]]></name>
<value type="Vector2">{0.958333 -0.907407}</value>
<name type="string"><![CDATA[Mini MoTeC Size Scale]]></name>
<value type="Vector2">{1.000000 1.000000}</value>
<name type="string"><![CDATA[Mini MoTeC Anchor]]></name>

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: I suddenly remember that with the socalled new hud its possible to enlarge/diminish the motec thing inside the game with mouse - so maybe this manually editing thing is a thing from the past. But at least my intentions wasnt that bad - this time:roflmao:
CatsAreTheWorstDogs2: If you had experienced what the real MoteC telemetry can do then Im sure that you would miss it in all sims without support.:thumbsup:

WhatWhat?
Come on Garland.:laugh:
Or is it me who are completely off?
Displaying and specially positioning these fake motec thingies has to be manually edited
Well, there was a little app released by someone on the S3 forums a year or two ago that allowed us to move HUD elements like the motec without having to mess about with editing the files manually. ;) And you're right, one of the recent patches allowed us to drag-and-drop HUD elements around within the game, so we don't even need to app anymore.

@newbert
Out of curiosity what car is it you want to see delta time?
And further Is it possible for you inside your VR goggles :) to read the numbers shown in my pic above?
No particular car -- To answer the question, any car that I'm in the mood to run at the moment.

Regarding the VR question - I don't own that car (FR90 must have come out after I bought RRE3), so can't give a definite answer. But I think that it would be possible.

@newbert
The reason I did ask is beause some of the cars does mandatory display both your delta and some other things(RPM, kmH, gears etc) while other cars almost display nothing.
The FR90 cars does mandatory display all the things in my picture.
Hehe there is even a few cars who does display the live delta value in red/green so you with your peripheral vision can "see" it without seing the numbers.:thumbsup:

@newbert
The reason I did ask is beause some of the cars does mandatory display both your delta and some other things(RPM, kmH, gears etc) while other cars almost display nothing.
The FR90 cars does mandatory display all the things in my picture.
Hehe there is even a few cars who does display the live delta value in red/green so you with your peripheral vision can "see" it without seing the numbers.:thumbsup:

Thanks - I'll have to search for those cars.

I don't understand why some cars would have it and other don't......

a) Is there anyway of showing the delta between your current and fastest laps (like in other sims)?
Most cars (all?) have delta available on the car's dashboard display. You might just need to switch to another page (there's a button in the controls you can map).
That's the "official" way of displaying delta in Raceroom, outside of the new webhud feature.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 191 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.8%