Junior teams, no other solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Personally i am not to keen on junior teams in competitions. Is there no way to get some other teams that arent affiliated with the Senior teams into the competition? Maybe a longer sign up period for the season?

I am pretty sure that we can find some teams to fill up the server, if needed

I agree it would be better for 2010, but only if we was to get some more big teams in, (ala Ghostspeed etc ) rather then lesser teams ( no offense to them though ) Thus the series get even bigger and faster! But for next season we can't remove junior teams as most of the stuff is planned within the teams so it would be hard to enforce it for the next cup.

Would be good if the game allowed and could handle 35 cars though eh....

I see your point guys, but...

We invited many teams for the first Black Cup 08, and then we repeated again sending emails and contacting teams for Blue Cup 09... and nothing happened, or the teams joining where leaving after racing one race. A agree, that this would be good to see more main teams on grid and less Junior Teams, but they entered in some way to help us filling the grid and that is not fair if we simply let them out now. Also teams as Flat Out Junior have not missed a single race, and this is a thing we really appreciate.

We talked about it (Xose and Me) and we thought that this would be a good idea if for next seasons if the last "Junior Team" on standings loose his place if there is a "A Team" willing to join the champ.

At the moment we are using already all the licenses we have, 13 that is, and the competition will not grow anymore in that mean, so in my opinion that would be a good solution if B Teams have to fight for not being last and keep the spot.

What you think?

I agree it would be better for 2010, but only if we was to get some more big teams in, (ala Ghostspeed etc ) rather then lesser teams ( no offense to them though ) Thus the series get even bigger and faster! But for next season we can't remove junior teams as most of the stuff is planned within the teams so it would be hard to enforce it for the next cup.

Would be good if the game allowed and could handle 35 cars though eh....
I agree, same problem here. The guys where there when they where needed. Removing them right now wouldn't be fair as the guys are ready for next season.
We had a few teams entering without them showing on track apart from the odd race, these guys where there every race battling it out. Saying this doesn't do them much credit.

I see your point guys, but...

We invited many teams for the first Black Cup 08, and then we repeated again sending emails and contacting teams for Blue Cup 09... and nothing happened, or the teams joining where leaving after racing one race. A agree, that this would be good to see more main teams on grid and less Junior Teams, but they entered in some way to help us filling the grid and that is not fair if we simply let them out now. Also teams as Flat Out Junior have not missed a single race, and this is a thing we really appreciate.

We talked about it (Xose and Me) and we thought that this would be a good idea if for next seasons if the last "Junior Team" on standings loose his place if there is a "A Team" willing to join the champ.

At the moment we are using already all the licenses we have, 13 that is, and the competition will not grow anymore in that mean, so in my opinion that would be a good solution if B Teams have to fight for not being last and keep the spot.

What you think?
LOL, they will fight anyway :):):)

Yeah, I know Tom. :)

The real thing is that no one contacted us to join except Project D for next season, so we can consider the entry list for Black Cup 09 as closed. Now I am pretty sure we will have full grids next season.

Some new features will be included so I think we all will enjoy it a bit more.

I'd say, let's go at a steady pace. I very much appreciated the junior teams showing up last season, keep them in by all means.
I have another suggestion: why don't we do A and B teams as in the WTCC: A teams are the top six teams (GMT-DHR, RPM, TBR, Flatout, Danielsson, Black Visor), B teams are the Juniors plus the slower guys. That way we would have more competition from position 10 downwards. There would be one overall standing and one separate B-Team standings. Just my 5 cents.

I'd say, let's go at a steady pace. I very much appreciated the junior teams showing up last season, keep them in by all means.
I have another suggestion: why don't we do A and B teams as in the WTCC: A teams are the top six teams (GMT-DHR, RPM, TBR, Flatout, Danielsson, Black Visor), B teams are the Juniors plus the slower guys. That way we would have more competition from position 10 downwards. There would be one overall standing and one separate B-Team standings. Just my 5 cents.
That is a great idea.
We have done the same at our club with hugh success. Everyone liked it.
Guys, not caring for points before now found something to fight for.
For us the Junior team is there for learning the guys about long distance and team racing. Not sure how the other junior teams are build up though.

Sounds great, with 6 (or 8) teams one could have 3 drivers/team :drool: Could be used in 2010 events. Don't know how you see the calendar with a double championship - or simply use 2 servers?

Vincent Staal needs some competition :)

You mean GMT-DHR need more competition with that comment then I guess!:th_Jttesur: ( Because we got many other driver's like him :smile-big: )

Which is not true really as it was very tough, fast and close last season. You guys are very tough to beat as some of the other teams here are and I know DMSv are going to be very strong next season to. But if we got GS onboard also and then maybe Twister it could turn into a series as fast as Sim-Challenge was overall and that would be some acheviement.

@Xose, did you ask HancockGP to join?

Hancock GP are no more, they have withdrawn from simracing :shocked:

hehehe of course the whole GMT team is fast :wink2:
don't worry.....the team will spank Bram for saying it wrong :p

You mean GMT-DHR need more competition with that comment then I guess!:th_Jttesur: ( Because we got many other driver's like him :smile-big: )

Which is not true really as it was very tough, fast and close last season. You guys are very tough to beat as some of the other teams here are and I know DMSv are going to be very strong next season to. But if we got GS onboard also and then maybe Twister it could turn into a series as fast as Sim-Challenge was overall and that would be some acheviement.

They withdrew from FSR it says:

LONDON, 22nd June 2009 (HGP) – Hancock GP has withdrawn from Formula SimRacing and all it's divisions. This decision will be effective immediately. The team will no longer participate in either the World Championship or World Series beyond the current date, thus leaving the league with a 2nd place in the constructors championship. Hancock GP aspires to look for more challenges in the world of simracing, which plans will be announced another time.

Remember it is a team challenge, so only 13 teams scores points, if you make 2 calsses of it, it will be really reduced in my opinion.
don't quite see your point. I think, as Tom said, an Independent's trophy or a group B give teams like us more to fight for. Also one could have one or two teams going up or down between the groups after each season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%