July 18th update news

From facebook:

Hello AC followers,

gradually we are getting closer to the release candidate version of Assetto Corsa: the next update should already include some changes to the graphics engine that will allow us to test the overall compatibility, although you might not see any new effects until the new algorithms will prove to be stable. More details will follow soon.

The next update of Assetto Corsa Early Access is scheduled for 18th July and it should include the long awaited Lotus 98T. As already known, Assetto Corsa AI, utilizes the same physics model used by the player. With more than 1000 horse power and tons of downforce produced by this amazing grand prix car, the AI finds it very challenging keeping a proper racing line. The reasons will be clear to you too, when you will try staying on track while driving this unbelievably fast and “raw” racing car. We are working to improve AI interactions and hopefully we'll be able to include the Lotus 98T in next update and include AI enhancements to the sim.

A big "thank you" to all those people who join the Early Access program every day. You help us to constantly improve Assetto Corsa : Your support is amazing and we really want to thank you, so we are investing in new content, new licenses and even more importantly, new people, hiring developers able to cover strategic positions in our company that will allow us KUNOS Simulazioni and Assetto Corsa, grow stronger and more efficient and capable.

That bit about the ai cracks me up they can barely drive the t125 s1 as it is so yea i bet they struggle with a car that has way more hp and magnitudes less downforce.

Meanwhile i do the snoopy dance at the thought if the 98t. I grew up on that era of formula 1 it is what made me love formula 1 watching those senna and prost battles and the young schumacher starting out what an amazing era of racing.

Must be struggling mighitly with the coding though this will be a full month and half they pushed this back now?

But the words release candidate 1.0 version how soon hmm.

this game is dead. they should try to fix the mp system before they make any car/tracks or whatever improvements there is.... :S

I totally agree! It just suckssssss. Why are they wasting their time messing around with code?? They're never going to get it to feel like driving a real car, they should just give us all a real 458 GT2 so we'll all be happy! :rolleyes::D

MP will see no updates next week? Can't lie it is getting frustrating. But the 98T will be an amazing addition to the Sim. Hopefully they take a week off to get some R&R. They deserve it. But once they are back please give us some multi-player enhancements. The booking system is great for leagues not drop in and play races.

AC in its current form is one of the best racing Sims around. I've played them all and unless you are willing to dish out cash every month to continue playing you won't find anything better. I've never seen developers work this closely to their customers. It's really over the top.

Look how long rfactor2 has been in development, all we get from isi are new builds I've never heard anything of a release candidate from them. i think AC is light years ahead.

I just bought grid auto sport what a horrible product. They should apologize to us for calling that a finished product. It's Garbage. I'd rather play Mario Kart.

AC in its current form is one of the best racing Sims around. I've played them all and unless you are willing to dish out cash every month to continue playing you won't find anything better. I've never seen developers work this closely to their customers. It's really over the top.

Look how long rfactor2 has been in development, all we get from isi are new builds I've never heard anything of a release candidate from them. i think AC is light years ahead.

I just bought grid auto sport what a horrible product. They should apologize to us for calling that a finished product. It's Garbage. I'd rather play Mario Kart.
Is it really that bad? That is sad. You know something is up when the hype machine gets rolling and no demo is released.

Grid Auto sport is not garbage, it's fun and it has it's moments where I almost ripped my g27 wheel off cause it's a total package of fun, quick action, fight till the end race battles with pretty good physics....and yes Mario Kart is awesome.
Grid auto sport and AC have nothing to do with each other.
At the moment today if someone came up to me and said Marty choose between the two games I would take Grid. For now. Until they fix AC MP.

• Deleted member 151827

Is it really that bad? That is sad. You know something is up when the hype machine gets rolling and no demo is released.
It's a very good game Saleem! I don't know why people gotta go on dissing other developers! Without developers like CM who knows how many console guys would not be here supporting AC! People need to get over there anger issues! Grid Autosport is a very good finished game! I have had tons of fun with it and to be honest it's the first time in a long time i realized i had a huge smile on my face while playing! :)

It's a very good game Saleem! I don't know why people gotta go on dissing other developers! Without developers like CM who knows how many console guys would not be here supporting AC! People need to get over there anger issues! Grid Autosport is a very good finished game! I have had tons of fun with it and to be honest it's the first time in a long time i realized i had a huge smile on my face while playing! :)

I respect your opinion and im happy that you like it. Seeing the guys here enjoying it makes me think i didn't give it the chance it deserves. It was honestly the first game from code masters that disappointed me. The grid series has been really good so far. I really got wrapped up in the hype.

I really got of topic... I'm really looking forward to driving the 98T. One of my favorite F1 cars. Saw them at the first race i went to in Detroit

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 133 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 358 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 499 39.0%