Juan Manuel Correa Awake: Begins Recovery Period

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Juan Manuel Correa Update.jpg

Injured F2 driver Juan Manuel Correa has recently awoken from his induced coma state following the tragic events of the recent Spa F2 event back in August.

With the sad passing of fellow driver Anthoine Hubert following the massive Formula One supporting F2 accident at the recent Belgian Grand Prix, young Alfa Romeo junior driver Juan Manuel Correa has been under heavy sedation in a London hospital as he battles back from substantial injuries sustained in the accident.

Having been subjected to considerable forces during the support race crash, Correa has spent much of the following weeks in an induced coma in order to allow some of the more severe injuries sustained to settle and receive attention from the medical team overseeing the 20-year-old's recovery.

Since he regained consciousness, Correa has been back on social media updating the world on his condition, and recently posted a video offering his condolences to the family of Hubert following the accident.

Despite the obvious good news of his current situation and mood, Correa still has a long way to go before he can truly understand the lasting effects of his accident. Hopefully for the driver a full recovery can be achievable in the coming months and years.

You can see the video on the Instagram profile for Juan Manuel Correa HERE.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
I wonder what's his mind state considering that he was part of the accident that took the life of a fellow driver. I dont think he must be feeling all that well with himself either... Survivors guilt is a real thing.

I wonder what's his mind state considering that he was part of the accident that took the life of a fellow driver. I dont think he must be feeling all that well with himself either... Survivors guilt is a real thing.
His video on instagram seems to be really focused on the future, not the past.

To be honest, what Correas doing right now is the right thing he needs to recover fully, its gonna take him a year to get back to normal and then after that probably another year to get back in the car, hes still got a very long road ahead of him to be 100%, the scars on the outside may go but its the scars in his mind that worry me, those take years to heal and who knows....

I am very happy for him.
I wish him to recover 100% from this nightmare.
There is for sure Nothing he could have done to avoid the schock.
It is so sad.

as a victim of a serious road accident myself, i am pretty sure that he doesn't remember the accident itself (it is some kind of the brain self protection).
But he will have to deal with the conséquences of it.
I hope that he could have some good support to help him to really accept that that was really Nothing he could have done another way. It is very important, just because he is very Young and have a long life in front of him.

Will we see him again on track ?
I have no idea about that .

I just wish him all the best for his future .

as a victim of a serious road accident myself, i am pretty sure that he doesn't remember the accident itself (it is some kind of the brain self protection).

First of all, sorry about your accident! That's horrible.

Any trauma is like that I think. Ten years ago I suffered multiple organ failure (liver, kidney and lung) and a lung collapsed. All due to internal bleeding. I genuinely think that when you're really messed up from anything your brain goes "Yep, it's pretty obvious you're screwed right now. Here is some music." I remember almost nothing.

Also this is great news about Correa! So glad we didn't lose two drivers. He may not race again, but he's still alive. And that's what matters.

First of all, sorry about your accident! That's horrible.

Any trauma is like that I think. Ten years ago I suffered multiple organ failure (liver, kidney and lung) and a lung collapsed. All due to internal bleeding. I genuinely think that when you're really messed up from anything your brain goes "Yep, it's pretty obvious you're screwed right now. Here is some music." I remember almost nothing.

Also this is great news about Correa! So glad we didn't lose two drivers. He may not race again, but he's still alive. And that's what matters.
Thanks, but fortunately i am perfect fine after a pretty long therapy. It was a severe injury at one leg, but just "broken" bones.

It was just to mention that I have absolutely no image of the accident. The last image i have is from a place about 30 seconds before the accident itself.
I hope that this is the same thing for this young guy, because the recovery will be "easier".

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 205 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 111 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 210 14.3%