Resource icon

Apps joytokey definitive

Login or Register an account to download this content
I place the folder in the app folder in python and nothing is happening.
I know how to use joy2key, have used it for years, but putting your app in the python folder as not changer anything, I still have to launch joy2key like I have always done.

A classic example of why adding a simple readme file to uploads is so helpful.

- Extract the archive into your AC folder.
- Start the game and enable the app in General settings.
- Head to a track. You won't see anything in-game, but Joy2Key will have started automatically.

If it doesn't work, try starting Joy2Key manually the first time, after which it should work ok. (That got it working for me.)

To ---> CoteDazur : after you put this folder in "apps", maybe you have also 2 icons (joy2key on / joy2key off, if exist) to put in "Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\gui\icons".
After this, you must see this app in the game, in the column of apps, at the right of the screen. Sorry for my bad english, and for this comment, if it is completely useless and irrelevant...... A friendly " salut ! " from France

To ---> CoteDazur : after you put this folder in "apps", maybe you have also 2 icons (joy2key on / joy2key off, if exist) to put in "Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\gui\icons".
After this, you must see this app in the game, in the column of apps, at the right of the screen. Sorry for my bad english, and for this comment, if it is completely useless and irrelevant...... A friendly " salut ! " from France
There is no icon. The app doesn't show in AC, only in background

This app could really do with some explanation on the download page as to how to install and most importantly how to actually use is/what it is for...
On that note, what is this for? what will it allow me to do?

I'm looking for the option to assign buttons on my steering wheel to functions that the game doesn't allow me to.

This app could really do with some explanation on the download page as to how to install and most importantly how to actually use is/what it is for...
On that note, what is this for? what will it allow me to do?

I'm looking for the option to assign buttons on my steering wheel to functions that the game doesn't allow me to.
This app assigns wheel buttons for controls that aren't available in AC menu such as Y/N voting or other types of hotkey for other programs (recording a video hotkey). It's actually simple: Press the button you want to hotkey and assign to it a keyboard key or a combination. There are plenty of tutorials on YouTube.

A classic example of why adding a simple readme file to uploads is so helpful.

- Extract the archive into your AC folder.
- Start the game and enable the app in General settings.
- Head to a track. You won't see anything in-game, but Joy2Key will have started automatically.

If it doesn't work, try starting Joy2Key manually the first time, after which it should work ok. (That got it working for me.)
This doesn't seem to work for me. What should I be seeing? When does the menu appear to map the buttons? I appreciate the work that modders do but it's very frustrating when instructions are non-existent or inadequate or when folder/file structures are incorrect.

This doesn't seem to work for me. What should I be seeing? When does the menu appear to map the buttons? I appreciate the work that modders do but it's very frustrating when instructions are non-existent or inadequate or when folder/file structures are incorrect.
I've installed the joy2key app and it shows up in the UI menu, can someone please tell me exactly how to do the following - I want to switch from using Cntr+space to recenter my DK2 by assigning the recentering to a single button on my logitech driving force gt. Thanks.

I've installed the joy2key app and it shows up in the UI menu, can someone please tell me exactly how to do the following - I want to switch from using Cntr+space to recenter my DK2 by assigning the recentering to a single button on my logitech driving force gt. Thanks.
To assign buttons, you need to minimize AC, go to AC root folder, apps, python, joytokey and click to joytokey.exe. Here you can choose what controller buttons you would assign as a hotkey

Is it possible to bind controller profiles to keys on keyboard and how? If not to keyboard, secondary choice is of course to wheel.

Basically I have 2 shifter profiles saved is settings. Normal and Dogleg and its extremely annoying to go to settings every time I'm changing between cars with which I would wanna use different layouts.

Is it possible to bind controller profiles to keys on keyboard and how? If not to keyboard, secondary choice is of course to wheel.

Basically I have 2 shifter profiles saved is settings. Normal and Dogleg and its extremely annoying to go to settings every time I'm changing between cars with which I would wanna use different layouts.
Yes, it's possible. You should see a "special" tab inside a wheel button config
SHIFT_key_en.png

(not the red circle, but the bottom of the image)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 39.9%