Tracks Jops 2018 - Remembering Nick Milton V 1.0.2

Login or Register an account to download this content

manu68

Premium
manu68 submitted a new resource:

Jops 2018 - Remembering Nick Milton - fictionaltrack, Rfactor conversion,

Assetto Corsa
Track Jops V.0.5
After reading about the sudden death of Nick Milton on the Racedepartment forum, I have decided to made a assetto corsa conversion of the Jops track, in order to include a small hommage to him into the form of a billboard on the side of the track.

It is about nothing in comparison with such a drama, but at least his close friends would have the possibility to remembering him everytime they will enter the track.
The original track for GPL has been created about...

Read more about this resource...

Thanks a lot !
I will of course use your work , because as I said I am a complete newbie in building assetto corsa tracks.

Someone told me about the curbs.
It is in fact not the curbs themselves, but a small whit line between the track and the curbs which are not assigned correctly.
I have done the left side, and I should check the right side.

Then I will post an updated track with your cameras and the corrections.

Once again many thanks

manu68 updated Jops 2018 - Remembering Nick Milton with a new update entry:

Jops 2018 update V0.7

Track Jops V.0.5 ; initial release

Track Jops V.0.7 :
- New preview and outline maps from Jody Parks
- Camera set from Jody Parks
- Bug with curbs left/right side of the track fixed

Many thanks to all the contributors for their comments and ressources helping me to improve the track.

The Driving is now a lot better on the curbs, and the replay camera works properly.
Unfortunately, The AI are Always "flying" after the straight into the small forest.
I have to learn them to break :D

Read the rest of this update entry...

for the ai you can create a file with breaking hints:
Jops\data\ai_hints.ini

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...explanation-link-for-ai_hints-ini-file.30614/

i also made a simple lights config, for x4fabs shaders patch at night:
https://github.com/ac-custom-shaders-patch/acc-extension-config/blob/master/config/tracks/jops.ini
https://discordapp.com/channels/453595061788344330/465820035760390145
jops_night.png

Fantastic stuff !!!
many thanks.
I Don't how how to use that, but it looks gorgeus !

for the ai hint, i have already tried, but until now without success.
But the solution is here and will be implemented for sure

Here is a link to an "ai_hints.ini" file that solves the pileups at the corner after the straight. I have also updated the "cameras.ini" file so that replay camera 7 properly states "TV" instead of being blank. I'm sorry for the initial oversight. Remember, the hints file belongs in the track's data folder and not the ai folder. It's a little counter-intuitive, I know. FYI, I tested the ai hints with both a Lotus 49 and an F1 car both at 100% AI difficulty.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zayvy5vhvy9idu9/Jops_AI_Hints_and_Updated_Camera.zip/file

I am spechless.
Thanks for your contributions.

I have tested with gt3 cars, 23 opponents.

I will dowload the track from here just in case and try again.:D

I am working on a few improvements to the ai_hints, sidelines, and cameras to accommodate my tests with 23 GT3 opponents at 100% AI difficulty. I uncovered some problems with the first and last corners and want to give every opportunity for all cars to run clean laps.

Here are revised data and AI folders for Jops. The AI lines, cameras, and AI hints have been slightly revised to hopefully provide clean races for a 24-car GT3 field at 100% difficulty and aggression. I also invite you to take a look at a 2-lap race replay showing off the gorgeous track.
I will be creating a set of drone cameras next.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6dodlmcdc7vs7s2/Jops_Files_%28Revised_Data_and_AI_Folders_11-5-18%29.zip/file

I will of course include all of this in the next release of the track. Your contribution is precious to me
I am very happy that you could make the AI working properly for GT3, because I love GT3 ! This is the only category I can race online at racedepartment :thumbsup:

Until know, my own trials have not be very succesful. Better for sure, but not totally satisfying.
The AI crashed sometime into the wall at right after the start (just before turn one) .
It seems that with your new AI it is about perfect (intended that online racing is always better !), and it is a great news.

I am learning to work with KSeditor, and I am currently trying to make the all thing looks better (tree ,asphalt, horizon, .......). I should also tweak some object's collision .
It is for sure not easy, but always very rewarding at the end.
I must also look why the pit limiter doesn't seem to work at the moment.

Then I am satisfied I will for sure upload a improved version of the track including all the last improvments ;)

I wish I knew more about KSEDITOR and 3D software like blender. I taught myself how to create cameras with the editor but that's about it unfortunately. Regarding the pit limiter, it seems the AC engine is simply not recognizing the pits as anything different than a normal road. The surfaces.ini looks ok but the issue may be that the name of the pit mesh from the 3d software that exported to the fbx does not match the naming within the fbx file. Hopefully someone will read this and be able to help!

what 3d software is it? blender?
about pits: you have to name the object of the pitlane starting with a
number, and containing "PITS":
27PITSbeginning, 01PITSend

maybe it has to be all the same number at the begining, idk:
01PITSbeginning, 01PITSbeginning2, 01PITSend...

edit:
" 1roadtrak* " for the road is right ;)

manu68 updated Jops 2018 - Remembering Nick Milton with a new update entry:

Jops 2018 update V0.9

Assetto Corsa
Jops V.0.5 ; initial release
Jops V.0.7 :
- New preview and outline maps from Jody Parks
- Camera set from Jody Parks
- Bug with curbs left/right side of the track fixed
Jops V.0.9 :
- Again New AI and camera set from Jody Parks . Many thanks to him for his precious contribution
The AI can now be considered as functional. It is possible to race with an entire field of 24 GTcars (or other cars), without having to deal with massive crash at some point of the track. Together with...

Read the rest of this update entry...

AC does partial matches against object names to figure out which material they are, so anything that contains "PITS" (or whatever you define as pit road in surfaces.ini) should work - as long as it's not also matching a 2nd material. so "1roadpits" is going to also be able to match a material with key=1road (which would make it not count as pits), it should just be named 1pits_section1 or whatever.

AC does partial matches against object names to figure out which material they are, so anything that contains "PITS" (or whatever you define as pit road in surfaces.ini) should work - as long as it's not also matching a 2nd material. so "1roadpits" is going to also be able to match a material with key=1road (which would make it not count as pits), it should just be named 1pits_section1 or whatever.

Many thanks for the input.
I will look at that as soon as possible ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 226 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 153 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 217 14.2%