Jittery RPM/Revs

So im having a problem in AC where as im accelerating, the rpms are all jittery. It almost mimics the "g29 potentiometer problem" if anyone is familiar with that. I switched all my pots around, cleaned them, calibrated.. Its something with the game or my PC although its only in AC so I assume it has to be AC. I even tried another identical pedal set which did it. I then tried my pedal set on another PC and they worked fine.

I will upload a video in a bit but im really hoping someone can help. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Another thing, its ONLY when im accelerating. If its in neutral or even with the clutch in, it is as smooth as it should be. Very strange.

Last edited:
So im having a problem in AC where as im accelerating, the rpms are all jittery. It almost mimics the "g29 potentiometer problem" if anyone is familiar with that. I switched all my pots around, cleaned them, calibrated.. Its something with the game or my PC although its only in AC so I assume it has to be AC. I even tried another identical pedal set which did it. I then tried my pedal set on another PC and they worked fine.

I will upload a video in a bit but im really hoping someone can help. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Another thing, its ONLY when im accelerating. If its in neutral or even with the clutch in, it is as smooth as it should be. Very strange.
Hmm i think my english is too limited to understand the true problem you mean.

You don`t mean the RPM/meter jittery behavior while driving classic cars in AC don`t you ?

So, it does seem like a clutch problem. I turn on auto shift, auto blip, and auto "the other thing" and this problem goes away.

I havnt changed any settings other than re-calibrating a million times and swapping my pedal position around. My original complaints still exist. Any ideas? Clutch is moving 0-100% and ive changed percentage points with no change..

It doesnt happen if I use these pedals on another PC and other pedals have the same problem on MY pc...???

Try adding a 5% or so of deadzone to the clutch axis. AC is very anal about having flawless pots on all pedal axes. Even the smallest issues with these, not detected by other sims, can cause RPM jitter in AC. Been there, done that.

Try adding a 5% or so of deadzone to the clutch axis. AC is very anal about having flawless pots on all pedal axes. Even the smallest issues with these, not detected by other sims, can cause RPM jitter in AC. Been there, done that.
But see, its only under acceleration. Not in neutral.

If I use these pedals on another PC with my same settings from the same steam account, the problem isnt there. Different pedal set (actually 2 sets, one the same one different brand) on MY pc, and it still does it.

Turning on auto clutch gets rid of it but then remember my above problems.

Doesnt make sense. It should be the pedal or pot, right? Why would it do the same thing on 3 different pedal sets? AND swapping pots all around for a total of 9 pedals that would have to have the same problem. But then why wouldnt it do it on an identical PC using my Assetto accound? Its gotta be something in the engine of the game or some settings im not coming across.

Lol im gonna lose my mind.

Hey! Figured it out.

Was the newest CSP causing it. Rolled back to the most recent "untested" version and the problem went away..

To bad I didnt try this before I deleted 700+gb (compressed) of tracks and cars.

If anyone is interested in further explanation, just ask.

How nobody else has complained about this is beyond me.

Same here,
So I do like to know what version did cause this and what version is free of this rpm bug?
Cant remember which version caused it, I believe its only that specific version that did. If you need to know I can find out. 68 I believe, now that I think about it.

If youre having this problem on multiple versions its probably a clutch problem, as Stereo pointed out. Well, it could be a pot problem in the clutch OR throttle.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back