PC1 Jim's view

I'm not disclosing my ffb settings just yet as it's all down to personal feel plus I'm at work and it's all written down at home but I'm about 75% getting it just right and the cornering ffb is fantastic, some of the best I've experienced (Waits for the disagree crowd to leave their mark lol). I've mainly been driving the GT3 Ginetto at Brno and I will get a base set up to use at all the tracks with just a tweak depending on the car. I've read a lot of disgruntled opinionated posts and all the while I'm having a great time testing. I spent a good few weeks just tweaking settings in RF2 to get it how I like it but I feel people are very impatient. I read people saying "I spent x amount of hours and it's still crap" well boo hoo, dry your eyes and keep testing because it is there. They've given you the tools to create your own personal ffb and all you have to do is find it. It won't happen overnight my good forum buddies :) but I've said it before and I'll say it again, "Patience" I've seen what I consider some of the fastest, most experienced sim racers playing this game and having fun because at the end of the day that's what it should all be about. Games now don't come ready made like they used to unfortunately, but hey ho that's the way of the modern gaming world so let's all calm down and stop getting excited over what is wrong with the game. People say "It's not like ac or gsce or rf2 blah blah" well guess what lol the clue is in the title. As I said I'm about 75% getting my ffb sorted and it'll probably be another week before I'm getting near 100% I'm about 80% with my graphics settings. After I finish my night shift tonight I'm off work for 3 day so If anyone want to get a server going with me I'll test with you and share what I'm doing but it's all down to how it feels to you not me.

I agree completely Jim. I have my settings all figured out, also my graphics. I've never been able to brake as deep as I now can. Its so much better at threshold braking than anything I've sim'd before. Playing with the throttle to increase or decrease the arc is awesome also. A tap of the brake during steady state cornering, and the tail steps out just a bit, and the car just rotates perfectly. Recovery from miscalculation is the best ever also. Its a natural wheel movement to catch a nasty oversteer slide with pCARS. I've made all sort of saves that would have sent me into something unyielding in AC. Great work I think.

One thing I will say about the FFB is that it has no feeling in a straight line, it doesn't feel natural to me, move the wheel slightly and the FFB kicks in, but on a long straight there is no feeling at all, I've tried tweaking a few settings but to no avail yet. :cautious:

One thing I will say about the FFB is that it has no feeling in a straight line, it doesn't feel natural to me, move the wheel slightly and the FFB kicks in, but on a long straight there is no feeling at all, I've tried tweaking a few settings but to no avail yet. :cautious:
Paul, can I ask what fz and mz setting you using. I agree it could be more road feel but it is defo there. I did a lap of Nordy earlier and I had so much feel apart from the final straight but the rest of it was good. At Brno, I leave the pit do a lap make a change leave the pit do a lap make a change sometimes only 1 number change and it's painstaking but now I've got the cornering ffb it's been well worth the effort imo.

PS I use the Thrustmaster TX with T500 pedals

pps also have you adjusted the wheel ratio as well? (Steering lock)

You have the same feeling in reality as well, if you ever drive through a race track on straights you dont feel much til nothing on the steering wheel, except some major bumps or when you have wheight transfer on the suspension. AC and other sims have canned effects (unreal), thats why many people moaning about ffb on project cars because they used to these effects on other sims except iracing if im not wrong.

You have the same feeling in reality as well, if you ever drive through a race track on straights you dont feel much til nothing on the steering wheel, except some major bumps or when you have wheight transfer on the suspension. AC and other sims have canned effects (unreal), thats why many people moaning about ffb on project cars because they used to these effects on other sims except iracing if im not wrong.
I agree mate, after turn 2 at Brno get over to the right of the track and there are 3 smooth bumps on track there and I have been using that as a guide. I'm getting the feel I would expect if I were driving a normal car as I've never driven a race car.

Exactly. What do you feel on center rolling down the highway at 75 mph?

The kerb and bumps got a lot better, but I can't feel nothing when turning and losing traction. I have checked and it's not clipping.
Did you set your tire force and FFB to 100? If you are still not clipping keep increasing the FFB.

I echo what Gary said above using the FFB files:

I've never been able to brake as deep as I now can. Its so much better at threshold braking than anything I've sim'd before. Playing with the throttle to increase or decrease the arc is awesome also. A tap of the brake during steady state cornering, and the tail steps out just a bit, and the car just rotates perfectly. Recovery from miscalculation is the best ever also. Its a natural wheel movement to catch a nasty oversteer slide with pCARS. I've made all sort of saves that would have sent me into something unyielding in AC. Great work I think.

Telemetry is one of the assignments you have to assign to key/button under the Controls menu.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 359 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 501 39.0%