PC1 Jim's View Two weeks in...........positive vibe in here

Well........ what a carry on lol! it's been an exciting 2 weeks here in the RD Project Cars forum. Who needs Eastenders or Coronation St when you have Race Department. So 2 weeks on and despite all the mud slinging, bitching, whining etc where are we at? It all started with a big uproar about FFB, it's ****, crap, game's boken, can't feel anything to now we have awesome ffb and graphics thanks to some members hard work. My ffb is too much now but I've invested a lot of time and read a lot of posts to try and understand what makes this game tick and I'm happy with it. Graphics have been a youtube study and I can now safely say, I get 60fps with 26 cars come rain, shine, thunderstorm whatever. Online has not been quite so giving for me but when we've managed to race (Sameclass) then it has been amazing and I mean amazing. Hopefully that will get sorted with the disconnects and the other issues. So all I can say is, people that like the game just get on and play it and to those that don't like it play something else. To me, this game is totally different to what's come before and in a better way and it will only get even better. Come on people let's all show PCars some love here :inlove:

Nice vibe :)

Il join, i love this game aswell and cant praise it enough. Such an improvment on al levels from what i had so far.
im not much of a chatter but id love to drive some shorter races " 10 laps if enough for me" with you guys.

ID: Microcosmix

Sharing some (racers) love you say ?:x3:
Oh hell... why not ? :)
Last nigh... had a REAL blast on Laguna Seca. I tried multiply combinations, formulas, street cars, GT,... then day, night, sun, cloudy, rain aned let me tell you... they all have been a * awesome experience.
I don't know about you but here's my... "system":
"Ok, first I'll do some GSCE, then a quickie in Assetto and, on the end this new kid on the block" and... outcome ? GSCE, sadly, look outdated, great physic ofc and on stock tracks (they, guess, are so detailed) I even got lower fps than in pCars!?? How about that? Assetto, you ask? Well... We all love that one, right? But... now, since pCars is here... AS's problems glow like a full Moon on cloudless night, and the AI being one of the biggest, imho, issues. They start like some morons... drive in straight line (and not only on one track) and, generally, not cosistent at all.
Then you fire up pCars.
Nirvana.
I mean... I know... there's some issues but hey... don't they all have some ??
But pure pleasure of racing, competing, and all it's graphic awesomnes, with not so bad fps - even on LOWEST and on MINIMUM recommendent system (I got gtx 260!) and of, those night/day transitions, rain/dry, oh, oh....

edit:

Corkscrew never feel so good !!! TM

Last edited:
Every now and then especially when watching a AI car from behind with the lighting just right, I could swear it looks like life. Some nice videos there chaps.

I almost have to double take sometimes as in my head it looks like I am watching a HD video on youtube or something.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 289 13.4%