Donation Page Link: https://ko-fi.com/jakoman3

Information
- Compact, light and powerful open top Prototype
- 4.2 litre V12 with excellent torque through the rev-range
- Active Wing allows for high top speed

Big Shoutout to Laurence Dusoswa for...

Read more about this resource...

• Deleted member 223075

@jakoman3 Nice surprise. One thing is you can tweak shader for tires and wheels (something like RSS will be good).

Other features included are really cool. Nice car for Hillclimb race.

Regarding LODs, while having them would be ideal, if you make the LOD A (or whatever is the correct term since there are no LODs) performance friendly, as you seem to have done with this car, then it'll run well even without LODs with a decent PC. I just did a 20 car race on night Le Mans, ran butter smooth throughout. I have also been racing Pessio Porknose a lot, which likewise has no LODs but is lighter to run than many other cars, and it runs just fine for me.

Btw. a suggestion that would improve performance AND make the car look better: use tiled txDetail for carbon fiber like in Kunos cars. Then you only need txDiffuse for AO so it can be low resolution, and CF will be far sharper and without the purple and green compression artifacts.

Seems like a superb mod from what I have tried so far.

also one relatively minor flaw you might want to fix: AI drivers don't turn on headlights at night as they do with other cars.

Last edited:
Regarding LODs, while having them would be ideal, if you make the LOD A (or whatever is the correct term since there are no LODs) performance friendly, as you seem to have done with this car, then it'll run well even without LODs with a decent PC. I just did a 20 car race on night Le Mans, ran butter smooth throughout. I have also been racing Pessio Porknose a lot, which likewise has no LODs but is lighter to run than many other cars, and it runs just fine for me.

Btw. a suggestion that would improve performance AND make the car look better: use tiled txDetail for carbon fiber like in Kunos cars. Then you only need txDiffuse for AO so it can be low resolution, and CF will be far sharper and without the purple and green compression artifacts.

Seems like a superb mod from what I have tried so far. Needs better skins though. I got a few ideas, just need templates :)

also one relatively minor flaw you might want to fix: AI drivers don't turn on headlights at night as they do with other cars.
Thanks for the feedback :) Yea i did put allot of effort into making the mesh and textures as efficient as possible. I will try that shader for sure thanks for the hint. I will add the template later this evening

Last edited:

Seems like a superb mod from what I have tried so far.

Skin Template now available on the Download page. Just scroll down to the bottom ;)

Cool. .psd would be useful for those of us who use Photoshop instead of GIMP but I can live with that.

What kind of settings do you use to export main body .dds? Pretty small size for 4096x4096 texture

Cool. .psd would be useful for those of us who use Photoshop instead of GIMP but I can live with that.

What kind of settings do you use to export main body .dds? Pretty small size for 4096x4096 texture
Ah yes my bad. I should mention that in the Readme and change it to PSD. The format for the body is Png

Its in PSD now and i mentioned some more details ... :thumbsup: Sorry for the inconvenience

In a perfect world I would prefer the mirrors more down and center, since we don't actually have to see through the car itself in a virtual environment. And just for the record you should expect this mod to drop somewhere around 20% of your framerate (according to actual data and not just my feelings). :)
Screenshot (33).jpg
Screenshot (31).jpg

20% compared to Tatuus which has 62k tris on LOD A and very low texture resolutions. Might be a tad less compared to a car with a bit higher visual quality.

object number is an aspect too that, all plays into DIP and how much the GPU has to work, not just VRAM usage and tris . This car has 130 objects all the time, the 3-Eleven you used to compare uses only a half of that from LOD_1 on (and only a third on LOD_2)

So 70 to 65 in your example is roughly 7% reduction in frames, which is not horrendous. 95 to 84 in my shots below, which is roughly 11%, so not necessarily the end of the world. I think it's worth noting that CSP provides options for reducing LOD overhead for folks that are having issues with framerate, and not having LODs B, C, and D makes this ineffective. I'm not here to disparage anyone's creative efforts, as I like the Reflex V12R quite a lot. I wouldn't be here posting about making the car better if I didn't like it, but I honestly don't consider cars to be done if they don't have LODs. It's like being served fish with no tartar and chips with no ketchup. They might still be great, but I know it could be better.

1607185592384.png

Screenshot (34).jpg
Screenshot (35).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back