Jenson Button

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
I know Brawn's been showing some real pace in testing, but is this a colossal overreaction?

I mean, I like Button as a driver, and think if he'd been in either a McLaren or a Ferrari the last two years he'd have won the whole thing (I remember him putting Alonso to the sword in identical cars and everyone seems to think Alonso's quite handy), but installing him as favourite for the Aussie GP & the title after a couple of, albeit startlingly good, testing sessions... that's mental isn't it?

Discuss.

Well there is something in the pace of Brawn GP cars, as that's the car Honda developed through the whole 2008 season and they've put the strongest engine (Mercedes) into it now, so I think he has the chance in Melbourne! But I think Barrichello is just as good (if not better) as Button!

I think its mental, but time will tell. Making him favourite can only lengthen the odds on the usual suspects. I think it might be an expensive day for the bookies.

I think it's mental too. This statements will only give some hard pressure on Button. But we can expexct some wins from him. Also he is better than Barrichello in my opinion.

• Andrew Evans

button, just lol... :D
as title contender, lol lol lol
basically, lol

Cool Stuff: Jenson Button Button's!!

j2_jared_jensen_button-p145828099152292542q37f_400.jpg

• richardbolton

if you think about it though there is some logic behind it....

when jenson came to F1 he was hailed (almost) as what lewis was 2 years ago...

unfortunately his career hasnt been quite as stellar (yet)..

The Logic:

Brawn have been the fastest (on almost every testing they have been at) in the past week or so... McLaren have been (according to times) the slowest (pretty much) thus you can see the rationalle.. Jensen is a good driver, he just hasnt had the car to get him to where Lewis has got to...

you can see the logic....

• richardbolton

if you think about it though there is some logic behind it....

when jenson came to F1 he was hailed (almost) as what lewis was 2 years ago...

unfortunately his career hasnt been quite as stellar (yet)..

The Logic:

Brawn have been the fastest (on almost every testing they have been at) in the past week or so... McLaren have been (according to times) the slowest (pretty much) thus you can see the rationalle.. Jensen is a good driver, he just hasnt had the car to get him to where Lewis has got to...

you can see the logic....

and now you can see the result :blowkiss:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%