Jenson Button to Retire from Formula One at Season's End

@Andy 'Mars Bar' Graham No idea from your post if you were replying to me but I was talking about the fact that he needs a car with a bt of understeer to be on the pace. He doesn't have the flexibility some drivers have to make the best of any car. Nothing to do with his championship year at all.

I wasn't responding to you at all, I was replying to @Blimey. I kind of agree with you, 2009 and 2011 were perfect examples almost of when the car was spot on.

damnit, meant to say 2005 and 2006...

Well let's do 2006 for you as well!

Screenshot 2016-11-24 19.20.47.png

Yep, the Renault definitely was not one of the best cars in 2006 :D

Probably time for Jenson, since his marriage split he seem more volatile and angry with things,.

Good luck Jenson, you've been a great F1 driver and now time to present top gear :) please.

Last edited:
Button had no choice. The results talk for themselves. Before Ross Brown bought Honda, Button's results were never impressive. When in Mclaren many times Button had difficulties with the setup having to inspire himself on Haminton's setup. The same goes for his contribution to car development.

Button had no choice. The results talk for themselves. Before Ross Brown bought Honda, Button's results were never impressive. When in Mclaren many times Button had difficulties with the setup having to inspire himself on Haminton's setup. The same goes for his contribution to car development.
Thank you.

Sabbatical or not, I doubt Jenson will be able to stay away for a year, motorsport is in his blood. Sure he may never drive F1 again in anger, but you can't just walk away from something that has been your life for 16yrs, I hope he pops up in some other class of racing, WEC could be an option.

You can hear a interview with Jenson here

Last edited:
Not really surprising; as he said "at this moment in time i don't want to be racing in f1 after this race" -- obviously it's time to move on.
Great career, all the best.

• Deleted member 130869

I wouldn't be surprised if Ron's forced departure isn't impacting his decision. He's right, now he can take time to focus on better thing than what F1 is.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back