Jenson Button Makes Full Time Return in Super GT for 2018

A real shame, that mod was the best chance yet to get a full GT500 grid into a sim... physics were a bit wonky though.

Is it actually officially "abandoned", or is there still a chance?

Last edited:
Why wouldn't it? But the Honda HSV was never released (and won't be afaik)

There is the odd outdated Nissan GT500 in rF2. That sure is something, but without its rivals and tire choices, it's still isolated and not exactly living up to the potential... yeah, I know, I'm happy we have that one at least.

Reactions: Rob
  • Deleted member 387850

All the talk is of Fernando’s triple crown* assault, but I wonder if Jenson has any aspirations of aiming for it? I mean he already has the F1 boxes ticked, and unlike Fernando could focus on the other disciplines without the obligations of F1.

Incidentally I just finished Jenson’s autobiography and thought it was a very interesting read. Lots of insight into the life of a F1 driver and I found the account of his rise through the ranks fascinating.

* I have to admit that despite following motorsport for many years I’d never heard the term “triple crown” until Fernando’s trip to Indy. Am I alone in this?!

• Deleted member 387850

I'd never heard of it either. Apparently it's not even really 'a thing' afaik

Personally I find it quite an unusual concept seeing a Le Mans win involves sharing the plaudits with two other drivers. Granted all motorsport is a team effort that relies on more than just the driver, but surely it's the car/team that wins Le Mans and not the individual?

• Deleted member 387850

I think you're right Kenny, and I'm sure he didn't have a "triple crown" in mind, more just the desire to compete against the best drivers of the era wherever he could. That said, given the torrid few years Fernando has had, if that's what keeps him motivated then fair enough!

All the talk is of Fernando’s triple crown* assault, but I wonder if Jenson has any aspirations of aiming for it? I mean he already has the F1 boxes ticked, and unlike Fernando could focus on the other disciplines without the obligations of F1.

Incidentally I just finished Jenson’s autobiography and thought it was a very interesting read. Lots of insight into the life of a F1 driver and I found the account of his rise through the ranks fascinating.

* I have to admit that despite following motorsport for many years I’d never heard the term “triple crown” until Fernando’s trip to Indy. Am I alone in this?!

I think Montoya has f1 and Indy500 done. And he wants to run lemans too.

Alonso is the only active F1 driver (nowadays) that wants to achieve it while racing F1, that’s why all the hearing. And because he is a two times world champion and all the media stuff he attracts...

Alonso is the only active F1 driver (nowadays) that wants to achieve it while racing F1
It's definitely a worthy ambition, maybe drivers felt differently back in the 60's and early 70's where they wanted to race (and could) in anything. Mind you they didn't have such a long F1 season in those days so that probably plays a large part in limiting them.
In recent times I would think that Schumacher was the only other driver that wielded enough power within a team to get the chance.

Looking forward to seeing Jenson race again.

Here's hoping he will end up becoming competitive in GT500 and that he and Honda will eventually compete against McLaren at LeMans (and beat them!). ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back