Jean-Eric Vergne

Chris Jenkins

Driving til the wheels fall off
Surprised there's not been a thread for JEV created already?

Anyway, a couple rumours floating around that he may be dropped mid-season in place of Antonio Felix DaCosta.

Seems a bit harsh, but worth mentioning, as many were surprises that DaCosta was overlooked when Kvyat got the TR seat.

Looks like he's been kicked out of Toro Rosso next year. Does anybody think he'll find a seat somewhere else in F1?

He's gonna be this year's Di Resta/2012 Kobayashi/2011 Sutil/2010 Hulkenberg - a good, promising driver with a decent amount of upside that'll end up lost in the shuffle for reasons out of their control.

Maybe he could land a sponsorship with Total?

I think that'd only be possible if Grosjean went to a team with a pre-existing oil/lubricant/fuel partnership (McLaren/Mobil, Ferrari/Shell, Mercedes/Petronas, etc) None of which I see happening.

Unless Total leave Grosjean/Lotus due to their Mercedes engine deal.

JEV just confirmed he won't be driving for Toro Rosso next year. Was expecting this doubt he will get a seat now as McLaren is the only team who has seats open and I doubt McLaren will sign him meaning he will have to settle for reserve drive or leave F1 to go to sports car or somewhere else.

He is a good driver. I loved the way he drove in Singapore and Texas. He would be perfect for Sauber( but they're blind) or the new Marussia?

There are several better drivers out there. He was outclassed by Ricciardo.
They were neck and neck throughout their seasons together. Daniel barely got the better of him in their last season together. It kind of makes me ponder how this season could've gone if Vergne and Ricciardo had been at Red Bull. JEV may not be the best, but if Ricciardo outclassing Vettel is anything to go by, JEV is a great driver with lots more of unseen potential and is probably better than Vettel. I would love to see him in a top team.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 385 39.8%