MGP21 Jaysus I'm getting struggling with the tutorials!!! Any advice/help?

Just picked up MGP 21 and Ride 3 in the steam summer sales, played Ride 1+2 and MGP 15 to death (also got VR46 but not played so much). Could usually beat the Ai quite easily on max difficulty in those game...getting my arse handed to me in this game so far even in the tuorials, can't beat my teammate at Jerez on the Moto2 bike in the final basic tutorial at Jerez, can't complete the engine braking/TC/AW tutorials in the advanced, I can get near the reference times as the bikes are uncontrollable.

I can't stop the bike even using the reference markers (never used that sort of thing before in ANY sim), just crash or go wide or just too slow, If I so much as fart on the throttle mid corner I'm off....I'm tip toeing around like it's a soaking wet track....and to be brutal not fun (unless it's in a masochistic way).

I'm 64 mins in and contemplating a refund, but sort of want to persevere as I've always thought the games were far too easy....but now it's seems to me it's gone too far the other way?

Last edited:
I don't know if MotoGP21 is the same way 22... but knowing the devs... that is possible.

If so. You have two buttons for braking. One front brakes, one rear brakes. You must use both. For the tip toeing, gradual throttle is needed, but also, some aids as well.

Last edited:
Yup did independant brakes in ride 1+2, MGP15+VR46. All it does in this is lock the rear and I go down yet again!!! I'm certain the tutorials are overly difficult, I'll do some time trials and try and get a feel for the games handling on my term with no time to beat. aLthoiugh only 50 or so minutes to make a decision on refund or not!

Ah, progress!! I found the controller calibration menu!!! after mucho tinkering I got the brakes sorted out with my adjustments and making sure I throttle off before braking to avoid stoppies (from auto rider position, common issue I had to remember!).

But I'm still struggling with throttle sensitivity even with adjustments to the settings, especially on the Moto2s. I'm using a Power A Xbox one controller which I got when my old XB360 controller stopped working...and TBH I prefer the 360 JPads triggers. The new ones feel like they have a much shorter movement range which is not helping me.

It's irritating because this is exaclty what I wanted, I want the bikes tro be hard to ride. MGP 21 feels far more like a sim than a game to me. but coupled with the jpad issues I have it's proving very hard to feather throttle around the corners. talking M2 primarily, I've noticed very little tolerance for much throttle input mid corner. It's not like I'm slapping loads on but it honestly feels like I'm riding a two stroke with a tiny power band at times. I slowly feed in the throttle then BAM, I'm losing the rear (often catastrophically)!!! Anyone got any controller calibration throttle setting suggestions?

After years of beating the other games on max difficulty I'm eating humble pie and I truly have to consider "easy" settings as on medium 40% I was 28th in FP1 on M2 at the Sachsenring........dayum. :(

well i myself own gp 14 and gp 18 and i must say 21 is miles harder with braking and cornering, even speeding.. but if ur having troubles with 21.. you should not think of getting 22 because that one is even harder :D i tried playing but i just returned to 21 because i cant control the bike when turning, its just crazy..
however idk about controller controling, maybe it gets easier :D

well i myself own gp 14 and gp 18 and i must say 21 is miles harder with braking and cornering, even speeding.. but if ur having troubles with 21.. you should not think of getting 22 because that one is even harder :D i tried playing but i just returned to 21 because i cant control the bike when turning, its just crazy..
however idk about controller controling, maybe it gets easier :D
Harder..flipping 'ell! I mean the Moto 2s in 21 feel like an old 2 stroke 500, I'm losing the rear so often even with literally EVERY controller help possible.

I managed to get down to a 1:25.9 at Sachsenring in Moto 2, but no way was that consistant, I think my budget controller defo not helping as 100% throttle is reached before I'm at the end of the trigger movement and it has a very weak spring compared to my old official 360 controller (RIP). No where near enough fine control over the throttle. Sadly I'm thinking of enabling TC for Moto2.

Tried a MGP bike at Sachsenring and encountered a new (for me) problem, braking for T1 and I do a stoppie and the bike is all over the shop. LOL

I think Milestone were peeved at all the "It's too forgiving" criticism and went WAY too far the other direction. Oh well, in a weird way it IS fun trying to tame these machines now, and pray for a few good laps! Can't just jump on any bike and just go like in the old games. I'm going to soften the suspension that should help and make it less of a razors edge for my feeble pad skills!

Well when braking and you go for stopie, just release the brake and brake again.. try braking faster or release the gas a sec before you brake..
Also, try keyboard if u play on PC..

Well when braking and you go for stopie, just release the brake and brake again.. try braking faster or release the gas a sec before you brake..
Also, try keyboard if u play on PC..
It's a problem with T1 only, I don't get any issues with the big braking zone down the hill. It's a weird game, I presume it's because the MGPs braking point is the "hump" at Sachsenring. I've tried the kb and I'm worse. I'll just keep practising and will be ecstatic if I will finish a race in M2 or MGP!!!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 488 39.2%