Jason Watt, an Inspiration for many!

I don't know if any of you know who Jason Watt is, but he is a dissabled touring car driver who is paralysed from the chest down, using only his hand for steering, throttle, brake, and the gears.
SEAT_Jason-Watt_00-[Olfert].jpg

He won the first race of the new Scandinavian Touring Car Championship this weekend and had to be lifted to the top spot of the podium in his wheel chair.

Here is a video from 2010 @ Jyllandsringen and a video from 2008 @ Sturup. when he was in the Danish Touringcar Cup.(Throttle is paddle on the left, brake is left stick on the right side, gears is the right stick and I think clutch is in his mouth, or possibly auto clutch, don't know yet)

And he is still living his dream! :). You'll be surprised what you can do when you set your mind to it. Very impressive Jason Watt. You will give inspiration to others that don't think they are incapable.:doublethumb:

He won the Danish Touringcar Champ. back in 2002, as the first disabled driver in the world to win a national champ.
And back in 97-99 he was a front runner in the F3000 champ. beating drivers like Nick Heidfeld, but in 99 while driving a motorbike for a photoshoot he crashed and broke his back and was paralysed from the waist down, but allredy a year later in 2000 he entered the Danish Touringcar Champ. for the first time with a hand controlled car, and has driven there ever since :)

I can add to Linus post that the clutch, is down on the left side between the seat and the dore, he only youses it when he starts as the gearbox is seq. and he downshifts with a button on the left side of the stering wheel, and the throttle is a ring on the back side of the stering wheel, it is amasing he still is so fast, mutch of the time he is driving with one hand!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 340 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 230 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 8.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.4%