Jamie's Jukebox

As some of you may know, in a previous life I was in the field of music technology. Although I didn't complete my degree (prospects = 0), I'm still very much interested in it, and I still make little skits occasionally, which I may as well present here.

I suffer from "I am always unhappy with anything that I haven't made in the last half hour" syndrome, hence here's one rendered at time of writing - It's just an intro at the moment; whether I get any further I don't yet know; I also suffer from "Jesus, why the hell can't I finish anything?"-itis.

www.ninecraft.com/filestore/090130-2321-intro.mp3

Warning: May contain Trance. :p

Finally you share it with the public. I have said this before to you and will repeat: you are a incredibly gifted musician. Also this is my kind of music. Love it

Just had a listen - good beat and very nice to listen to, seems to be going away from the newest trance styles which is quite nice to see. Now for an entire album Jamie :p

Nice stuff Jamie. I dont like much trance tbh, it's too "busy", but you got a nice mix there. More please.

:music2::music2:

very good stuff jamie, definitely keeping you in mind, you never know what the future brings!

After appearing and blocking on nearly every photo of the lada photo's i shot in brands hatch, you owe me one :laugh2:

Thanks guys. Time for some history, then, I suppose.

Note: These aren't titles; I just happen to choose wacky filenames sometimes (flombé!.flp anyone? :p)
I once called something 'pies.flp'; it then became 'eyes for pies.flp' and so forth until I got to 'I have the ocular capabilities for the comphrehension of meat based pastries.flp'

Note2: Some of these are louder than others, and some were made when I didn't really have much in the way of knowledge with regards to limiting, so apologies for that.

Note3: These go back to when I was about 15; I do have stuff from before that but jesus, sharing your music is embarrassing enough as it is. :p

Note4: Most of these are intro skits without much in the way of a direction to follow; it tends to be as far as I get these days.

Note5: Sharing this stuff is quite difficult; those also of a creative disposition will appreciate what I mean.

The original Ninecraft (then Aerionics) - Anthony Williams & Jamie Wilson. These were the days when tracks actually got finished. :)

And no, I don't know what the hell I was thinking with the bass. Sounds awful to me now, uch.

Fly
First track with my Virus TI which at the time had firmware troubles (I was an early adopter), hence the occasional glitch. Reverse piano for the win, though.

Sawduck (saw as in the waveform, ducking = 'pumping')
Carbon (semi-remix of the one above)
CRC Error (Ant did a lot of work on this one)

ninecraft-040307-0128
Doesn't 'go' anywhere at all; but it was the first time I got a "F*** meeee!" at college when I played it back in one of the monitoring rooms really loud, which I was rather pleased with.
Unnamed

Bit of a shortage here due to my recent HD crash

Arp (Drums are a bit buggered, version without here which if anything I prefer as you can more clearly make out the programming involved)
Unnamed

2009A small selection of my "WTF?" ones and synth/technique demonstrations too:

Vocoders
(actually me blowing into a microphone mostly) - 2003(!!)
quiterandom (it is, actually) - 2005
OPX demo - 2006
VMH & VMH2 - 2006
PoiZone-only Demo - 2006
polyiblit Demo - 2007
Dutchtrance (xhip demo) - 2007
mudfest + k - 2007
****ingaround (quite deliberately OTT) - 2008
singlesawthingy - 2008

I must have hundreds of little things like these lying around in my mahoosive backup folders.

Nice work Jamie, the tracks are a little short bud giving a good impression to what you are capable of.

I like Ninecraft 2007 good drive nice climax
Unnamed 2007 ,give it a name nice theme,
Old school,good intro- middle and ending,

Music has to be "Musical"you have to feel something when you listen to it and that is what I feel.

You must give your self more time to do more with your music,
maybe some music with the racedepartment movies??

Hans

Nice Jamie! Ill be listening to them when I am racing :)

I like every type of music (except classical buh!) and I have only got into trance recently and this music will listening to it even more!

:plus1: Fly sounds like 2009!

In all song info you are excusing yourself Jamie. Dude stop being so modest and hard on yourself. It sounds very very good, and it's about time you acknowledge that!

DJ Ninecraft for the win :thumb:

Sawduck feels like benni benassi :D Hot bassline

Request: unnamed 2008 (extended 90 minute version) please :D

tiesto_club_fur.jpg

Love the Airborne, Fly, Carbon, CRC, Ninecraft..., Arp :p...all are great.
I'm usually listening Above and Beyond's show "Trance Around The World" and any of you songs would fit in easily. So great they are.

So finish them and make an album and I promise to buy it. :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 444 39.6%