James Calado to Join Force India

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
British rising star James Calado look set to join Force India as their reserve driver after his successful young driver test for the team at Silverstone earlier this month.

Force India have confirmed that the deal is not yet in place but there is a ’good chance’ an announcement would be soon. Calado was given his first F1 test with the team at the young driver test where his best time was just 2 tenths behind Paul di Resta’s best, and half a second behind that of Adrian Sutil. The team were impressed with his speed and technical feedback and look to fill their vacant reserve driver role, last held by Marussia’s Jules Bianchi.

Calado is currently competing for ART in this year’s GP2 season where he has scored 4 podiums, and 10 points finishes to hold 5th in the championship. He impressed in his debut season for the team (then known as Lotus ART) last year where several race wins and regular podiums helped him secure 5th in the championship, and stay close to his teammate Esteban Gutierrez.
View the Post on the Blog

Last edited by a moderator:
Fact. James Calado British. Parents British.(not portuguese immigrants) :)
Why him? Talented, not veteran and British :)
Crash prone, I would say unlucky, race history says otherwise :)
Regardless of nationality, Force India recognises talent which showed at the YDT at Silverstone :)

Fact. James Calado British. Parents British.(not portuguese immigrants) :)
Why him? Talented, not veteran and British :)
Crash prone, I would say unlucky, race history says otherwise :)
Regardless of nationality, Force India recognises talent which showed at the YDT at Silverstone :)
I certainly wouldn't say he has the natural ability of say , lewis Hamilton or raikkonen. I,d say, what he seems to offer is being honest, and intelligent along with decent pace. I see the same in Paul de resta but obviously he is further down the line. I'm sure he will offer good car feedback to the team and support the development ..which is a key part of being a test driver..no doubt Marcus will disagree!

from the Force India www site:

what’s the story of his unusual surname?

“It’s Portuguese, my granddad is from there. I don’t really see him very often, but that’s where it comes from. I wish I spoke Portuguese, but I don’t! It’s quite embarrassing. I should have learned it in school, really...”

Sahara Force India F1 > News - Italian GP > Introducing James Calado

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back