James Allison leaves Lotus

Lotus have confirmed technical director James Allison is leaving the team.
Nick Chester, who was previously the team’s engineering director, will take over as technical director.
Allison’s destination is unknown at present. He worked for the team from 1991 to 1992 and 1994 to 1999 when it was Benetton, and since 2005 during which time it has competed as Renault and Lotus
[...]

Source:http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2013/05/08/lotus-confirm-allison-replaced-chester/

This has already been speculated about since news got out that Paddy Lowe is going to leave McLaren and now it's official. Doesn't surprise me particularly, Allison already indicated that he wasn't happy with the low budget he had to work with, so it only makes sense if he leaves for a team with more cash. I suppose that means Raikkonen will leave as well, because if Lotus doesn't have the money to let Allison build the car he wants, they obviously can't provide Raikkinen with the car he wants either.

As indicated above, I guess the logical destination for Allison would be McLaren. Even Newey has admired the Lotus of this year and the last, so I rate Allison quite highly. 2014 could be the battle of the star engineers: Neway/RB vs. Byrne/Ferrari vs. Allison/McLaren vs. Mercedes All-Star team :)

Yea he´s definitely not going to Mercedes, they got more tech directors then stars in the galaxy :)

I read an article saying it definitely not would be Mclaren but instead possibly Ferrari.
Will be interesting to see where he goes,

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back