Jaime Alguesuari

There very rarely is enough data to state for a fact that one driver is better than another. But i think we all are in the same frame of mind; Jaime deserves another try. He's on the luck thou, "comebacking" is a huge trend in F1 these days.. There is enough under-achievers still to be replaced by young AND experienced driver like Jaime, that combination promises great things. What he should do is to drop back to junior leagues and prove his worth. Should be easy for him..

Can't really give him time when he's not driving at the minute :)
I do like Algers and think he did a stellar job in the 2nd half of last season. I would like to see him back with a midfield team.
Perez may leave a door open at Sauber come 2013.

Alguesuari to Sauber would be a good move, especially if Sauber stay competitive.
However I see Bianchi landing that seat if Perez moves up to Ferrari.

Who's spot will he be taking over?
Both Petrov and Kovalainen seem to be doing a great job ATM.

I would predict Sauber due to those rumours about Perez maybe becoming Alonsos team mate. Maybe RBR if the Webber rumours are true. :p Or Force Indea if Schumi retires and PDR takes over his seat in Mercedes.

If he's back, I will be ecstatic. He was my favorite mid-pack driver. He improved a lot last year and I was shocked when he was sacked.

He's confident thought of him having seat may have some truth in it. After all, he's the Pirelli test driver. He holds valuable knowledge that everyone is trying to find out- How to work those damned tires. Not to mention that he's still wrong and has a lot of time to get a career back on track.

The knowledge of the Pirelli tires is the only selling point he has at the moment that might be worth something for interested teams.

I am curious how much "Marko Gate" has damaged his reputation last year.

Depends on what knowledge it is.

Compare the amount of running the F1 boys have done to what Jamie has done.
5 race distances, 5 qualifyings, 15 practice sessions.

And all in 2012 cars while Jamie has done his stints in a 2010 car.
Pirelli won´t tell him anything really, he is just a test driver for them so what he does is drive x amount of laps until they bring him in.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 381 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 250 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 182 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 306 13.0%