Jaime Alguesuari

Yeah sure, the system sucks, we know that. It's not a reason to give up though, because if everyone stands up when wronged, I'm pretty sure they'll have to change things.

Obviously. But let´s enter reality for a moment here.

Option 1, Jamie lashes out and will not be affiliated with anything RBR anymore in motorsports.
Option 2, Jamie says sorry i was so caught up in the hotlapping that it never crossed my mind to let Vettel pass. Jamie continues his journey with RBR.
Option 3, This matter happens to 15 other drivers with the same background, all 15 of these drivers stand up like Jamie did.
15 spots open for rookies the following year.

Some of you guys have hit the nail on the head. You don't argue with your boss. Especially if he's the one deciding if you stay or go the following season.

Yes and if you remember i had a pretty logical explanation to the Ferrari matter.
You like to mention level playing field all the time. Are you aware that this does NOT exist in most sports?

Go karts, some dad is richer then the other dad which allows the kid to run fresh tires all the time.
Football, Barcelona has the best sponsors so no matter what happens that season they will still be richer then 99.9% of all teams out there which allows them to buy players other teams can´t.
GP2, Some teams have more money then other teams, thus allowing them to do so much more.

Should i continue? I´ve got one for you. Swimming...
Oh wait sorry wrong on that too seeing as certain Olympic swimmers had a state-of-the-art swimsuit that was faster then a regular one.

The difference here is the athletes/competitors are not being asked/told to move over to let another win. Competition is not about being the richest and expecting automatic results. You work for the results whatever the bank balance and whoever your against

Go Karts, The richer dad is not asking the poorer dad to make his son move over to let the rich son win.
Football, Barcelona are not asking the other teams to lose deliberately so they win or look better.
GP2, all of the above.

The difference here is the athletes/competitors are not being asked/told to move over to let another win. Competition is not about being the richest and expecting automatic results. You work for the results whatever the bank balance and whoever your against

Go Karts, The richer dad is not asking the poorer dad to make his son move over to let the rich son win.
Football, Barcelona are not asking the other teams to lose deliberately so they win or look better.
GP2, all of the above.

Doesn´t matter. The subject was level playing field. Something that you rarely find in any sport.
It´s not a level playing field if someone has better equipment, more money or some other advantage.

I can bet you that on Barcelona´s trainings people are asked to take it extra easy with Messi for example.
Why? Because he´s a very important part of the puzzle that is Barcelona. Just as Vettel is for Red Bull.

Could you give me one logical explanation as to why Jamie should keep Vettel behind him when the fact of the matter is that the Red Bull is a faster car and will get passed eventually anyways.

Remember that this was in a practice session and not in a race or qualifying session.

If Vettel was faster then it shouldn't matter if he passed him or not, like you say he could pass Algi when he wanted. But surely Toro Rosso need more track time to help them and the drivers get better. Why couldn't Vettel just back off a bit?

Why risk putting two cars in the barriers because Jamie wants to play hero thinking he truly could keep a Red Bull behind him.

What was the point for keeping him behind him in a practice session? There is no reason at all because the logical thing would be to find the best spot available and let Vettel pass then continue with your program.

There is absolutely no need for Jamie to start defending his position in a practice session. Had it been a race or qualifying things would be different but it was a mere practice session Jamie thought his car had gained another second for some reason.

Track time? Yea i think 3 years is more then enough to get into the "groove".
And had he let Vettel passed then impressed RBR he would probably have gotten more track time..

I would also almost bet my house that if let´s say Massa had been in place of Jamie on the track he would have let Vettel passed aswell despite running for a competitor.
Why you might ask, well because it makes absolutely no sense for a driver to hold up another driver that is clearly faster, in a practice session.

I think the point we are trying to say is, no driver should have a special status on track, that is what i mean by level playfield. one could also say that since Vettel is naturally better driver and Newey is just absolutely genius, it ain't level then either... The faster team/driver always has one or another resource/talent/what-ever extra to have those top teams/drivers succeeding. But giving them special status on track is NOT level playfield, it's simply favouritism and not a good sporting behaviour. And somehow i can sence that if that slowed down driver would've been Hamilton, the talk here would be completely different....

Algi was doing a hotlap and gathering data and lifting at the final bends effectively would've made that data almost useless, at least from that part of track. He was not blocking but racing as fast as he could on a racing line. Is there any reason why Vettel should've not backed off or is RBR entitled somehow to run clean practice laps as the only team in the field while others HAVE to shuffle in traffic?

As simracers, we sometimes get hindered by a slower driver on our qualy hotlap, there is nothing we can do about it. It's tough luck, deal with it or race alone. The same goes for real life racing too, if the cars are in the same class, no rule will make the slower driver yield over just-because..

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 149 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 408 39.9%